Author Topic: Video training for absolute beginners  (Read 760 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Video training for absolute beginners
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
I haven't mentioned this for a year or so, but I want to help beginners. Here is a set of free video clips that start out with the basics. They focus on getting your hardware set up and then leading you through the early steps. There are 28 clips divided into eight chapters, becoming progressively more advanced as you go along:

http://askmisterwizard.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Training/AcesHighTrainingByPeabodyPage01Full.htm

I hope this helps!
 :salute

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
Re: Video training for absolute beginners
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:32:06 PM »
WOW!!! extremely impressed with the responses. this is exactly what i was looking for and including pictures makes it that much easier. the videos by bbosen  fantastic!! this is more then i expected thats for sure. i do have a mic so i will ask for help  when i run into a problem. so a big thank you to all of you! 

ps i just hope i dont end up shooting any of you down. so if i do ....salute!!
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 12:21:07 AM »
WOW!!! extremely impressed with the responses. this is exactly what i was looking for and including pictures makes it that much easier. the videos by bbosen  fantastic!! this is more then i expected thats for sure. i do have a mic so i will ask for help  when i run into a problem. so a big thank you to all of you! 

Since you seem to enjoy this type of thing,here's a link to a thread that contains a bunch more "getting started" videos.
    Some will overlap with Bbosen's vids but many will cover completely different topics,you just cant get too much imfo on this game!

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,358801.0.html

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 08:52:16 AM »

I'm glad you are enjoying them. I hope you DO shoot me down some day. More and better pilots = more and better Aces High community and experience!

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 04:28:34 PM »
 :aok
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline BBStacker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 12:39:02 AM »
Thank you for the videos; I found your channel while surfing YouTube for help. I subscribed to yours and Vudu's training videos. I appreciate your help  :aok
Red Fox Leader from Kit 3. Red Fox Leader from Kit 3. Skipper? Either my compass is all fouled up or we're not headed two-four-zero.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 05:14:15 PM »
Thank you for the videos; I found your channel while surfing YouTube for help. I subscribed to yours and Vudu's training videos. I appreciate your help  :aok

I'm glad you enjoyed those videos, BBStacker. I realize they are not very well organized on YouTube (much better on my site as referenced above, and I allow you to download them). However, given that many people do use YouTube to view them, I'm going to create a well-organized YouTube playlist to help people find them all, in the proper order. When I have time to complete that, I'll announce here. People with a lot of experience won't benefit much from my clips (others have better ones dealing with advanced maneuvers and combat), but a lot of beginners have said that they like them. I assume you were a beginner when you discovered them?

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 05:57:32 PM »
OK. I've finished organizing the YouTube "playlist" containing my "Aces High Training for Absolute Beginners" series. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1IYes9MY6lIC1wUyHbrGo5J9x-xRmfSS

With that list, you can access the clips a lot easier, and in the intended order (simplest at the beginning, building to more advanced concepts in the latest clips).
I hope this helps some beginners to get involved with this amazing simulator.