Author Topic: Suspend Disco = no WEP rule  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Suspend Disco = no WEP rule
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 01:00:51 PM »
Just a side note, WEP is based on a simple timer only.

I have seen you post this before.  No doubt it is true to a point but the timer simulates the time it takes to heat the heads and the time is cumulative up and down with on and off so it is more than just a simple code timer.  It is a simulation of head temperatures.

If it added outside temperature to the cooling calculation that would be neat.  Much less neat would be to add water injection tank size into the simulation.  Ouch on that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:03:20 PM by Randy1 »

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 01:45:19 PM »
There is no "RULE" about no wep, the host simply has no idea how much wep you have used. Hence to fix the issue of discoing to get wep back, we chose to have no wep after disco.

HiTech

OK, I'll not call it a rule.  It would be nice if AH accurately measures a player's AC WEP status at the time of a disco and then have that data implemented upon the players return to the arena.  AFAIK, fuel and ammo levels are taken into consideration -  at least for the P-47 models.  Question and answer time if you will oblige me.

Was there a time when players that discoed and returned to flight had full WEP?  You guys added the ability to return to flight from a disco during my hiatus so I don't know. 

Am I correct in assuming the reason you chose for players returning from a disco to have no WEP was due to your thought that the probability for abuse was there?  Ie, a player could purposely disconnect for the sole purpose of recharging his WEP to 100% when they returned to the arena.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »

Am I correct in assuming the reason you chose for players returning from a disco to have no WEP was due to your thought that the probability for abuse was there?  Ie, a player could purposely disconnect for the sole purpose of recharging his WEP to 100% when they returned to the arena.

Maybe it's not even the player purposefully disconnecting.  It you keep getting disconnected, even if you aren't "doing it" the advantage would be to the frequent disconnector who would have fresh wep each time.  The reconnect feature is awesome and a temp too high to use wep on the return is a very very small price to pay.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
Maybe it's not even the player purposefully disconnecting.  It you keep getting disconnected, even if you aren't "doing it" the advantage would be to the frequent disconnector who would have fresh wep each time.  The reconnect feature is awesome and a temp too high to use wep on the return is a very very small price to pay.

I see your point but I argue the price is a bit steep in a bird that has a slow recharge time.  It happens to me all the time in a D11/D25.  WEP is a huge factor in these AC.  I am simply asking if it is possible for HTC to code where the host tracks a player's WEP level at disco.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »
Even if you had wep when you are put back in flight, the engine starts then goes to selected throttle.  If you spawn back in a tight spot you are floating anyway albeit I have never seen someone spawn in from a disco.  I am guessing on my lost connection episodes, it is 2-3 minutes before I spawn back in.

I am not arguing against your wish Ammo.  Just trying to see the whole picture.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
I have seen you post this before.  No doubt it is true to a point but the timer simulates the time it takes to heat the heads and the time is cumulative up and down with on and off so it is more than just a simple code timer.  It is a simulation of head temperatures.

It IS a simple timer. WEP ON = deducting time, WEP OFF = adding time (according to the planes 'recharge' rate)

The problem with descriptions like the one above is that people easily start to believe it's really about temperature, and myths like "shutting off the engine (or reducing RPM) speeds up WEP recharge" result from that.
And that's why I always try to make it very clear how it really works   :old:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »
HTC, please consider this request.  Numerous discoes at my end.