Author Topic: Fester Map  (Read 6669 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Fester Map
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM »

ME 163's available at every base? What were you thinking Fester!  :furious
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2014, 04:15:57 PM »
The map is nice!!!  The tank town "king of the hill" is a good set up.  Thanks for all the work on it, Fester.   :aok

However... I too agree to a    :headscratch:   regarding the Me163's.  Was this your doing or HTC's???  Regardless... please consider limiting them to a single rear base.  Thanks.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2014, 04:22:36 PM »
Edited..I don't want to be the one to spill the beans
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:24:54 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2014, 05:28:14 PM »
Edited..I don't want to be the one to spill the beans

what's that? that you can also fly RV 8's? a squadmate got two kills in an RV 8 last night only way he could have got two kill is if they auger into the ground trying to kill him. :rofl

I wonder if the DOT code for the claw would work lol
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:30:02 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2014, 05:34:57 PM »
what's that? that you can also fly RV 8's? a squadmate got two kills in an RV 8 last night only way he could have got two kill is if they auger into the ground trying to kill him. :rofl

LOL yup..I was on when he did that lol..I wasn't sure if it was a bug like the map where we could up yak3s from v bases or wether it was meant to be there..needs guns tho lol was fun to fly..no guns we should get to have smoke to blind who's on our six..plus it's purtty
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:40:10 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »
LOL yup..I was on when he did that lol..I wasn't sure if it was a bug like the map where we could up yak3s from v bases or wether it was meant to be there..needs guns tho lol was fun to fly..no guns we should get to have smoke to blind who's on our six..plus it's purtty

It use to have twin mini guns mounted under the wings.  :devil

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
I was in a A6M3 on the deck against some enema fighters while two RV8s followed me around.  They did confuse me on quick glances over my shoulder, due to red icons but since they aren't armed, I just ignored them.  Guess they hoped i would engage them in the midst of getting BnZed by Spitfires.  Made me laugh a little, how desperate they were for a kill.  All for naught.  :neener:

BTW- thank you Fester, for making the map.  It's a nice change of scenery.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:02:36 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2014, 06:59:20 PM »
It use to have twin mini guns mounted under the wings.  :devil
yes plz :devil
"scott66"        

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »
I was going to tour the map in buffs so I could see it better in external view.  If external view is enabled on the RV 8 I'll take it instead :)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2014, 07:00:16 AM »
I thought having an air base in the middle of tank town is a real interesting twist.  The battle for control of the airbase should give GV guys and airplane guys a good battle.

The landscape too has some unusual features like what looks like earth quake fault lines that go everywhere.

Not many small bases in the front lines and that is unusual.

Disregarding the size, I give the map a big  :aok

Offline drmoo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2014, 07:47:54 AM »
 :banana: 163s capping bases. Tank town close to airbases bomb****s love that not sure if I like it but its new wahoo :x

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »
I thought having an air base in the middle of tank town is a real interesting twist.  The battle for control of the airbase should give GV guys and airplane guys a good battle.

I'm sure that was the intent of that design element.  I'm not sure, however, that it totally works.  Except for the very first day the map was up, I have not seen much of any action in the area.  Tankers trying to take the central field are just bombed by planes or picked off by perk tanks on the concrete of the field (you cannot approach the town from the side opposite the field; there is a lake protecting that side).  The field has been taken at least twice (I've seen it as Rook, Bishop, and Knight) but the times I've checked nothing was happening there.

I suspect the designer dislikes the pointlessness of tank spawn camping and feels there should be more purpose to tanking, i.e. taking and securing territory in mixed operations like real life.  However there is an obstacle to overcome: in real war vehicles greatly outnumber planes; in AH planes typically outnumber vehicles by 3 to 1.  So the probability of a tanker being bombed in AH is very much higher than in real war.  Forcing them to attempt to take a close by airfield as something "useful" to do kind of makes it a bit futile for the tanker (but paradise for the bomb-griefer).

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
What is said .command?  :devil

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2014, 02:24:47 PM »
Maybe I'm blind, but I tried to fly an RV 8 last night but couldn't find it in the "all" plane list.  How do I up an RV 8?

Thanks!

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »
Maybe I'm blind, but I tried to fly an RV 8 last night but couldn't find it in the "all" plane list.  How do I up an RV 8?

Thanks!

.showrv

or I think its .plane 89 also

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.