Author Topic: Fester Map  (Read 6727 times)

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
Re: Fester Map
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
Its new...I'll take it!  Its got some funky stuff but a few 163s and blue grass doesn't matter much.  New stuff is fun.
AMAX  in game

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2014, 07:50:28 PM »

Spent a little time on the new map Today, one thing I really like about it,, the wide open spaces for tank fights!
I got to engage tanks while moving from up to 3.5 k, turning and firing is fun!
The 7 k base in the rear is nice for bomber runs, spent a couple of hours in a 29 !
It's great to have a new map, new places to kill and be killed and lots of new terrain to see,
I still think a different TT object tho!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2014, 11:55:11 PM »
It's great to have a new map, new places to kill and be killed and lots of new terrain to see,

New stuff is fun.

+1 :aok

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
Spent a little time on the new map Today, one thing I really like about it,, the wide open spaces for tank fights!
I got to engage tanks while moving from up to 3.5 k, turning and firing is fun!

The GV spawn campers are upset I'll bet. :)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
163 should only be enabled at the high alt rear bases... a1 a2 a3 i believe they are.

Thanks for fixing that.  :aok Has Been a fun map. Appreciate the work you did putting it together.  :salute
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2014, 01:22:11 PM »
The GV spawn campers are upset I'll bet. :)
could be,, didn't bother me,  I was talking about the almost desert terrain, little or no trees, only rolling hills!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2014, 06:50:33 PM »
while I dont really love this map.  it's a great change of pace from all the others.  I can honestly say it I hate it a lot less than all the others combined.  not a perfect map, but I did enjoy playing it yesterday.

thanks for all the effort fester.  cant wait to see it with the new game update.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2014, 07:04:07 PM »
I like it.   :aok  :aok

Nice job Fester.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2014, 07:27:43 PM »

thanks for all the effort fester.  cant wait to see it with the new game update.

semp

Speaking of the new game update......Waffle got any sneek peeks? Thank you in advance.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2014, 05:16:17 PM »
I like it as well...even if I only logged on a few minutes last night. Nice job Fester.  :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2014, 05:34:02 PM »
This map, unlike Trinity (the map which shall not be named, hence forward) allows for fluid base capture.  For its size, it has been rather close to being reset on a few occasions. 

It does however, expose the Knight general population's reluctance to exert any effort to achieve strategic turf gains.  The design has for the most part allowed for a back and forth pull by Rook and Bishops, with Knights being the a distant spoke, and hopefully when I log in it will still be there for the entire weekend.

:rock

Edit:  Well, I had to work ..... map was reset..... was fun while it lasted.  Now, map that is up..... HQ for Knights is down almost as much as it's down. 

NOW ROLL MAPS so we can have new Fester back soon, PLEASE.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:27:21 PM by Chilli »

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2014, 04:39:55 PM »
I like the asymmetrical nature of the map.

Overall Good Job.   :aok :aok 
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
There was some interesting base shuffles going on around A59.  W would push the reds back then they would push us back three bases then we would push back again getting back the three bases.  Lots of action both offensively and defenselessly.  you got lots of kills pushing forward and got killed a lot being pushed back.

Did anybody when the map or did it time out?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »
Did anybody when the map or did it time out?

Won by Bishops
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
Any chance of getting the HQs moved back 1\2 sector to have resupply fields and the 163 field much closer? For some reason knights catch all of the lights out greif from the energizer bunnies and are too old of poops to feel like flying the 1.5 sector's to resupply. The map has so much action on it for a change, that shutting down the HQ is not worth killing the fun that comes with this map.

Honestly the HQ goes down so many times no one wants to resupply anymore. With a 1.5 sector waste of valuable play time over and over and over and over all night long.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.