Author Topic: Re-Arm Pad  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: Re-Arm Pad
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »
+1
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 05:18:17 PM »
i don't know--i don't use flaps when taking off---a-lot of people do.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 04:45:11 AM »
This is a very bad idea for special events.

I agree for FSO and other specials events where there is a limited life count.  But what purpose does the re-arm pad serve in the MA other than foster ridiculous WarThunder level  kill counts on the text buffer.  When the wheels touch down the sortie is over IRL.  For realism I would like to see Hitech keep the re-arm pad but end the sortie when you stop on it.  As it is now it is soooo arcade.  Guys landing 23 kills is not good for immersion.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 05:00:13 AM »
 As it is now it is soooo arcade.  Guys landing 23 kills is not good for immersion.

Landing 20+ kill sorties in planes is happening at an order of magnitude like 1 in every 1000 sorties or so.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 07:20:45 AM »
I agree for FSO and other specials events where there is a limited life count.  But what purpose does the re-arm pad serve in the MA other than foster ridiculous WarThunder level  kill counts on the text buffer.  When the wheels touch down the sortie is over IRL.  For realism I would like to see Hitech keep the re-arm pad but end the sortie when you stop on it.  As it is now it is soooo arcade.  Guys landing 23 kills is not good for immersion.

I've only been able to land one 20+ kill sortie in 6 years....it is not very easy to do. And when I did it took several hours. It's not something you see very often. It's a tough challenge.....you should try it.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 09:16:49 AM »
I wonder what the stats are on average padding of kills per "sortie" with rearm pad usage.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 09:33:46 AM »
22 kills in 2006 no re-arm.

Was on the deck racing to defend a field. Caught up to large 110 noe mission with several C47s.

They were all single file so just crept up behind and picked them off one by one with short bursts.  :D

92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »
I agree for FSO and other specials events where there is a limited life count.  But what purpose does the re-arm pad serve in the MA other than foster ridiculous WarThunder level  kill counts on the text buffer.  When the wheels touch down the sortie is over IRL.  For realism I would like to see Hitech keep the re-arm pad but end the sortie when you stop on it.  As it is now it is soooo arcade.  Guys landing 23 kills is not good for immersion.

Since this is a game and not ww2, I like rearm pads the way they are. If you rearm past 10 kills you risk your perk bonus when landing but for me at least if I land anything under 5 kills its not enjoyable. Once you start getting 15+ kills you get nervous trying not to die, and then the fun really kicks in  :rock

Well, that is until you hit a tree on landing with 25...  :bhead

And if they landed 23 good for them it's no easy thing to do  :noid
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
There was a eny of 60!??!?!?! why did the get rid of that!?!?!?
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 10:51:41 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 11:01:32 AM »

Was on the deck racing to defend a field. Caught up to large 110 noe mission with several C47s.

They were all single file so just crept up behind and picked them off one by one with short bursts.  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice photochop!  You have mad skills :D
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 11:21:47 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Also I don't see how your picture is relevant to the thread  :headscratch:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »
It is always relevant to scream, "Heeeey!!! Look at Me!!!!"
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »
Re-arming should successfully end the previous sortie and start a new one as far as scoring is concerned. I see no purpose in having a scoring category (kills/sortie) that effectively amounts to "Does this guy use the re-arm pad a lot?"
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
Re-arming should successfully end the previous sortie and start a new one as far as scoring is concerned. I see no purpose in having a scoring category (kills/sortie) that effectively amounts to "Does this guy use the re-arm pad a lot?"

If your thoughts were implemented then some of the achievements would need to be eradicated
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011