Author Topic: Saitek X52 problems  (Read 562 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Saitek X52 problems
« on: August 08, 2014, 11:23:42 PM »
After being out of the game for 5 years, I came back and having a terrible time trying to get the stick set up again. This was installed using saitek's installation package. I finally got the flight settings mostly where I remember where they were mapped before, but having a tough time with the vehicle part.

I used to be able to push/pull on the stick to accelerate/decelerate while in the driver seat, but now I cant. If I map it to do that, then I lose the movement I had when switching to the gun. Same thing while trying to steer left and right and in PT boat mode. Even having a tough time mapping range/channel vox to buttons to where in GV mode they revert back to their views rather then changing them to vox. In flight it works fine, but GV/land mode it seems to ignore it.

Has something changed with this in the last several years or am I just going crazy
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Re: Saitek X52 problems
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 12:07:38 AM »
map  your vec to hat switch, forward,reverse, left, right. Turret to stick , jump pos #1,2&3 to throttle buttons. Hope that helps :joystick:
AkCaine

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 02:12:07 PM »
After being out of the game for 5 years, I came back and having a terrible time trying to get the stick set up again. This was installed using saitek's installation package. I finally got the flight settings mostly where I remember where they were mapped before, but having a tough time with the vehicle part.

I used to be able to push/pull on the stick to accelerate/decelerate while in the driver seat, but now I cant. If I map it to do that, then I lose the movement I had when switching to the gun. Same thing while trying to steer left and right and in PT boat mode. Even having a tough time mapping range/channel vox to buttons to where in GV mode they revert back to their views rather then changing them to vox. In flight it works fine, but GV/land mode it seems to ignore it.

Has something changed with this in the last several years or am I just going crazy

I think all that changed when we went to the automatic transmissions in the vehicles. They are no longer manual. I used to do the same with the stick to drive. Now I just use the W,A,S,D keys for driving. You can also use Shift + W for full forward speed.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 04:47:13 PM »
They ruined the GV,s

You could have someone drive your gv while you manned the guns now thats gone :cry
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »
 :(
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 03:17:08 AM »
You must've been in a wirble because most gv's dont have a driver position anymore.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »
They used too
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario