Author Topic: HTC Cloud Settings  (Read 474 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
HTC Cloud Settings
« on: August 09, 2014, 12:18:07 AM »
During this work on the new terrain engine I would like to see a scalable slider for Cloud settings that would be a 0 to 10 scale.

0 being No Clouds
10 being Heavy Clouds with Low Overcast

The Cloud Editor is great, but it's complexity is more than what is needed and has its issues with saving and uploading. Something easy that is available for CM settings and Private Arena settings would be much better and quicker.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
Re: HTC Cloud Settings
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 04:38:04 AM »
So you would like a procedural generation option. I will +1 that as long as an option to create predetermined cloud shape/size and movements for those who wish to enter that level of detail into their terrain is available.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: HTC Cloud Settings
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »
So you would like a procedural generation option. I will +1 that as long as an option to create predetermined cloud shape/size and movements for those who wish to enter that level of detail into their terrain is available.

Sounds good. Perhaps players could still create that scale making their own "files" for each setting.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!