Author Topic: cusor for switches  (Read 633 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
cusor for switches
« on: August 01, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »
 :airplane: I am not sure what would be evolved with this wish, but there are other sim's around, which requires the pilot to use his "cursor" to turn on and off switch's. You place your cusor over a switch and left click to engage or turn on and the same to turn off. A lot of players in this game would like to see more "immersion" into the game and this is one way which would enhance the game.
I know that there would have to be check list's for starting and other things, but it would certainly change the game from a video game to a true flight sim. Try as some of us have, we can't move the game in that direction with what we have to work with. Players would also have to be familiar with the cockpit layout of the aircraft they wanted to fly, in order to activate the correct switches and etc. I know for the non pilot in this game, they would not like that at all, so you could have a choice of auto start and etc, just like you do in this game now.
And no "spawn" out on runway, you would have to start in the hangar and taxi into position, but I know that would make it difficult to run missions and etc, but for the solo pilot who would like this "Manuel" method of game play, this would make the game much more interesting.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: cusor for switches
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »
I dont think this game will ever take a turn to be considered a flight sim when its purpose is a combat sim.

However, i could be wrong.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 04:39:32 PM »
I dont think this game will ever take a turn to be considered a flight sim when its purpose is a combat sim.

However, i could be wrong.

Agreed. Also, for "immersion" you could build your own setup at home and get as immersive as you want.

Mine was only a bit immersive...

a friend of mines was a bit more immersive....

This was his P51 cockpit he built. All the buttons, switches and controls work the things in the game that the were suppose too. Only the gauges didn't work with game data.

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 06:48:01 PM »
^^  Wow!

Don't think the wife would like that in our front room.  But hey, could get a B17 and take her with me.
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 06:53:59 PM »
:airplane: I am not sure what would be evolved with this wish, but there are other sim's around, which requires the pilot to use his "cursor" to turn on and off switch's. You place your cusor over a switch and left click to engage or turn on and the same to turn off. A lot of players in this game would like to see more "immersion" into the game and this is one way which would enhance the game.
I know that there would have to be check list's for starting and other things, but it would certainly change the game from a video game to a true flight sim. Try as some of us have, we can't move the game in that direction with what we have to work with. Players would also have to be familiar with the cockpit layout of the aircraft they wanted to fly, in order to activate the correct switches and etc. I know for the non pilot in this game, they would not like that at all, so you could have a choice of auto start and etc, just like you do in this game now.
And no "spawn" out on runway, you would have to start in the hangar and taxi into position, but I know that would make it difficult to run missions and etc, but for the solo pilot who would like this "Manuel" method of game play, this would make the game much more interesting.

earl moving the mouse to flip a switch is not even close to simulating immersion.  having a joystick where you push a button just like in real airplanes is now that is immersion.  sorry boss you are wrong on this one.

get the x-55 and perhaps ask valu to make you one of his control boxes.  no need to have a full replica of an airplane in your office but it's the next best thing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:49:40 PM »
earl moving the mouse to flip a switch is not even close to simulating immersion.  having a joystick where you push a button just like in real airplanes is now that is immersion.  sorry boss you are wrong on this one.

get the x-55 and perhaps ask valu to make you one of his control boxes.  no need to have a full replica of an airplane in your office but it's the next best thing.

semp
I strongly disagree. Take a look at DCS-A10C.

I mean, I fly this sim A LOT. It is by far one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBylLsDIHog

+1 to the wish
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 10:51:49 PM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 10:57:22 PM »
This is a WNH  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 12:24:06 AM »
-1 for the "required, having to be familiar and spawning in the hangar" part.

As an option and to duplicate the existing controls, why not.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W