Author Topic: Suggestion: Booting hour long afk players  (Read 1354 times)

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
Re: Suggestion: Booting hour long afk players
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 10:56:02 AM »
oops

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
self modded  :)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 12:52:01 PM »
I'm not sure there's a way to do it, but I'd like to explore the possibility of booting players that go afk for hours on end.

We have at least a couple players in Midwar now that will take a vehicle, drive to where they'll get an enemy field or town flashing, then park in a barn and then go afk for hours. They do it just to annoy people. I had one specifically tell me "...they mess with me, so I'll mess with them".

You end up with a field flashing for hours and it's quite distracting, and just because someone wants to be a jerk.

And, yes, myself and others have looked for them. I spent considerable time and effort yesterday flying around a flashing field and looking into every barn I could find. No luck. Two other players were looking for the same guy when I logged on today, albeit at a different field.

Would it be technically possible to set a time limit on non- activity? Say if someone hasn't done anything for half an hour could they be booted?

We do have some that stay afk for hours but don't go out of their way to make bases flash. I find that annoying but can live with it. It's the ones who are malicious about it that should be booted if they're not playing and just hiding somewhere to annoy the other players.

My biggest concern is if an effort was made to do this, some active players might get booted if the system didn't work right.

I've told myself until a resolution is found I'll try and point out the offenders locations to the other teams, if I'm on the same team as the offender. That might suffice, but sometimes communications aren't good enough to make that work well. Besides, if people are just trying to be jerks, they should get booted.

Having seen the player in question do this many times in mid war others have answered the question. Film viewer :aok Take screen shots using certain features on the map to triangulate him. Then have them on your desktop as you play to check position while you hunt him down.

Offline Blinder

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 01:55:59 PM »
He pays his $14.95 he plays the game as he sees it.

+1  :aok

I see the fun Geheime Staatspolizei is at it again.
Fighter pilots win glory .... Bomber pilots win wars.

17th Guards Air Assault Regiment (VVS) "Badenov's Red Raiders"

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »
Film viewer method resulted in death of said offender after at least 8 hours of offending.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »
Film viewer method resulted in death of said offender after at least 8 hours of offending.

Yeah. I noticed that base stopped flashing. Good job!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »

Where was the weasel hiding?

- oldman

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 10:29:36 AM »
Each side has AFK players.  I also thought ENY was based off of players in-flight, and not just connected or in tower.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 10:38:41 AM »
Each side has AFK players.  I also thought ENY was based off of players in-flight, and not just connected or in tower.

Nope.  It's based off total number logged in.  I'd imagine most of the time the ratios are pretty close across chess pieces.

Assuming the ratios were the same, it would actually make ENY penalties worse if they booted the AFK people.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 09:01:49 AM »
We've got clowns bailing planes over a flashing town to game the proxy kill message and see if an enemy gv is close.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 07:14:01 AM »
We've got clowns bailing planes over a flashing town to game the proxy kill message and see if an enemy gv is close.

LOL an exploit to counter an exploit...but the game is fine don't change anything. There is beta games with more polished gameplay.