Author Topic: GV wanders when traveling.  (Read 992 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: GV wanders when traveling.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 12:02:35 AM »
can this manifest itself in aircraft?

I do not believe so.  AH gives you direct control of aircraft.  With vehicles you used to have direct control, but now you only have control of a sort of autopilot.  For example, you can no longer change gears, you can only set a desired speed setpoint which the autopilot attempts to maintain, automatically changing the gears in the process (and often oscillating annoyingly between two gear settings).

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 11:34:14 AM »
I do not believe so.  AH gives you direct control of aircraft.  With vehicles you used to have direct control, but now you only have control of a sort of autopilot.  For example, you can no longer change gears, you can only set a desired speed setpoint which the autopilot attempts to maintain, automatically changing the gears in the process (and often oscillating annoyingly between two gear settings).

ok, I only ask because no matter how hi I set my pitch damper, the slightest movement of the stick makes for large changes in pitch :(
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 01:15:54 PM »
To fix that you want to change the stick scaling plot not the damper setting.  I did this so long ago that I forgot how it works but it's something like dragging the points of the scaling plot so that at low stick deflection the stick scaling is less sensitive, i.e. near the center a medium movement of the stick creates a very small movement of the control surface.  Your scaling plot should not be a straight line across the top at 100%; it should be down around say 30% on the left rising to 100% on the right.

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 02:03:46 AM »
well, the scaling is at 'default'
so it stair steps from L to R.
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة