Author Topic: New Titantic Tuesday  (Read 896 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: New Titantic Tuesday
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 02:39:42 PM »
There will always be a group of dedicated people who don't want to fly on the Allied side, simply because they prefer to fly for the low-number side.  

I know  :devil

I actually would kinda like it personally - me flying a Ta-152, Me 262, Me 410 or 109K against the vast hordes of B-24s, P-38s... great stuff.

But that's not how things work. It would suck for most people to be forced to choose between two totally opposed modi operandi. To chose between the flying the top bombers or driving the top tanks (if you even have the perks to - the most used, light perk tanks are allied only)
And it's not only because of fewer people prefering to fly Axis rides per se - Very few player are looking forward to be on the defense all the time - and Axis side doesn't really have the means to go on the offensive like the Allied can.

All these problems do quickly add up and intensify each other.

AvA works because of mostly limited playsets, and a totally different mindset and goals of the limited, enthusiast population flying there.
FSO and Scenarios do work because of a very limited, carefully balanced planeset, meticulously crafted rules & goals and CM involvement.

Another case of "Just because I like it personally it doesn't mean it would work"  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: New Titantic Tuesday
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 04:37:45 PM »
I'm in...

+1
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton