Author Topic: Anyone know what zulu time it is?  (Read 2842 times)

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
Re: Anyone know what zulu time it is?
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2014, 03:42:25 AM »
Things have come on a little from European Air War 20 years ago:

(Image removed from quote.)

European Air War was a blast!!! Nice to see a fellow EAW vet still around. Lot has changed yes... and the tower looks very very nice (getting shot down just became more enjoyable). I too am interested if the objects are indeed buttons, operated by mouse....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:01:41 AM by LLv34_Dictonius »
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 05:01:39 AM »
Zulu Time (Z) = Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is constant, currently 1 hour behind British Summer Time (BST).  Unfortunately over here times for events will often be given as GMT when they really mean BST as many people don't understand the difference, so using Zulu instead should remove any doubt - or at least make people ask "What time's that then?"  Big Grin

In Elite: Dangerous they are using GMT but calling it Galactic Mean Time.   Hehe!

I am used to using GMT/Z being a Radio Amateur as we are required to log contacts using it.  As I am typing this the time is 10:04 BST or 9:04 GMT.  Smiley

Dang, Flossy! I did not know you were an Amateur! 73's!  Although I never obtained a license, I did work extensively with Amateurs when I was in service and worked within the US Army MARS system running phone patches back in '69-'70. I salute you and all other Amateurs who made those phone patches possible!

I was NCOIC of two stations during that time frame:

AB9AB in Sattahip, Thailand
AB8AAT in Da Nang, Viet Nam

We ran Collins SSB transceivers and 30L1 linear amplifiers in Thailand, and 30S1 linear amplifiers in Viet Nam...pretty archaic by internet standards today but pretty good for the time!

Some of my best memories are of being able to connect GI's to their families and on a very good 12 hour shift to be able to run with an Amateur and log 30 patches or more whilst in a net. Some Veterans remember the horror of war by the friends they lost; I remember it by the number of patches I helped make possible with the help of folks like you.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 06:00:42 PM »
looks awesome!  Can't wait for update   :rock
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »
looks awesome!  Can't wait for update   :rock

In 2 weeks. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »
In the tower it shows HQ enemy and friendly. We only see the opposite two countries as enemy? Or is the game going to just two countries? :)
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 11:05:27 PM »
Top Gun

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 11:07:36 PM »
You go ahead and ask 'em, but I don't think either has a watch....

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:21:16 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »
The colors of the clock and phone are a little too saturated don't you think?

I think the phone would be impossible to be quite that close to vermillion, too. Probably every phone in use then was some form of the column phone. Bakelite material. . .
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2014, 11:54:57 AM »
"Ammunition" has a typo in the button box. Me likes.  :salute
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni