Author Topic: Fighters, eyes and visibility  (Read 2041 times)

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Re: Fighters, eyes and visibility
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 10:11:41 PM »
I use TrackIR for immersion (and it frees up a pov hat for trim control or other useful functions), but the Aces High view system was superbly designed for snap views to get the job done. I am fairly certain that the stability/precision of snap views are superior to TrackIR and aside from the hassle of having to operate the POV hat, actually more practical/realistic since you can move your head around freely and still intuitively track a target... especially when lining up someone precisely for a shot. Even after years of almost exclusively playing flight sims with TrackIR, I can sometimes still get disoriented as to exactly which way I am actually looking. This was never a problem when I used the POV hat to look around. But the feeling of looking around with head movement is just so incredibly immersive that I wouldn't fly any other way given the means/choice.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 04:53:29 AM »
earl1937 , you mean they give you a shot right in the eyeball ? Ouch !!!
:airplane:  They "deaden" the eye with a solution of some kind, so there is no pain from the needle, you just feel a little pressure as he inserts the needle. I to, was agast at the thought of someone putting a needle in my eyeball, but after facing the possibility of going blind in that eye, you are willing to try anything. But, after 5 or 6 of them, its really no big deal, and I will have to admit that I had some doubts as to how much it would help, but it has considerably.
Wouldn't it be something if they had something like they did on the "star" ship Enterprise and as you pass through this big machine of some kind, it would restore any health defects you would have! Wow, can you imagine what something like that would do for the human race? But, we know that is wishful thinking and would never be possible.   
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 05:22:50 AM »
:airplane:  They "deaden" the eye with a solution of some kind, so there is no pain from the needle, you just feel a little pressure as he inserts the needle. I to, was agast at the thought of someone putting a needle in my eyeball, but after facing the possibility of going blind in that eye, you are willing to try anything. But, after 5 or 6 of them, its really no big deal, and I will have to admit that I had some doubts as to how much it would help, but it has considerably.
Wouldn't it be something if they had something like they did on the "star" ship Enterprise and as you pass through this big machine of some kind, it would restore any health defects you would have! Wow, can you imagine what something like that would do for the human race? But, we know that is wishful thinking and would never be possible.   

That's great if it's helping . I was like omg a shot in the eye must be the worst . That would be great if we did have a machine like that I could us a walk through myself with 50 year's of partying behind me kind of payed it's toll .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 02:01:55 PM »

Earl,just so you know that "solution" is a diluted cocaine mixture!  I know I've had it done myself!  Infact I had the second eye operation while I was awake,the first 1 I was too nervous so I asked to be put out to make the doctors life easier... :devil

They implanted lenses into my eyes,while not perfect it's much better than not seeing!

Earl,do yourself a favour and check out a large screen,47 and up,have them connect a laptop and give it a good look!   I bet you'll be walking out with a new monitor!  As I said they are not all the same,some have great color but have too much input lag,others have less lag but may not be as brilliant.

Personally I like the LG and samsung units best for computures,color wise I like the sharps and sonys but I saw more lag and ghosting than I liked on those units.

YMMV.

:salute