Author Topic: Consider this...  (Read 831 times)

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
Consider this...
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »
What if every plane, gallon of fuel, ordinance, and bullet cost something. And you didn't get a refund for landing.  No need to baby your 262.  You're not getting that money back just for landing.  I'm talking about a complete overhaul of the perk system into something more like currency.  The only way to make perks/money is by kills, destruction, or damage not resulting in destruction (assists would yield perks).  Usual perk multipliers would stay in place based on eny and ditch/land.  Planes would cost in the hundreds and thousands, perhaps millions, but with a liberal multiplier given to damage and kills so that even a two-weeker could make some cash gunning down truck convoys and fly a low eny plane like a p51. Current perk planes would be wildly expensive as compared to low eny non-perked planes like a p51, so that people can still fly their favorite planes, but the MA wouldn't be saturated with jets and c-hogs.

No reason to RTB when your low on ammo.  Low ammo does not equal 0 ammo.  That's wasted money, shoot the VH or something.

Give us an itemized statement after each sortie:

.50 cal damage  $400
Bomb damage   $2,456
Rocket Damage  $258
Kill 1 bonus      $1,000
Kill 2 bonus       $1,000
Kill 3 bonus       $1,000
Running Riot Bonus    $3,000 
You got shot down insurance  $100

Total                  $9,214
Cost                   $3,400
Balance              +$5,814     

I can foresee one detriment:  People avoiding combat at late hours to farm perks at undefended fields.  But doesn't that kind of happen already? 
I can foresee another detriment:  People ganging.  But doesn't ganging and picking kind of happen already?

I think a system like this would promote combat and introduce a new game dynamic since it creates a huge incentive to shoot something or blow something up, with no bonuses for landing until after something has been shot or blowed up.

There would need to be some tweaks and adjustments.

Your thoughts?

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: Consider this...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:10:56 PM »
What if every plane, gallon of fuel, ordinance, and bullet cost something. And you didn't get a refund for landing.  No need to baby your 262.  You're not getting that money back just for landing.  I'm talking about a complete overhaul of the perk system into something more like currency.  The only way to make perks/money is by kills, destruction, or damage not resulting in destruction (assists would yield perks).  Usual perk multipliers would stay in place based on eny and ditch/land.  Planes would cost in the hundreds and thousands, perhaps millions, but with a liberal multiplier given to damage and kills so that even a two-weeker could make some cash gunning down truck convoys and fly a low eny plane like a p51. Current perk planes would be wildly expensive as compared to low eny non-perked planes like a p51, so that people can still fly their favorite planes, but the MA wouldn't be saturated with jets and c-hogs.

No reason to RTB when your low on ammo.  Low ammo does not equal 0 ammo.  That's wasted money, shoot the VH or something.

.50 cal damage  $400
Bomb damage   $2,456
Rocket Damage  $258
Kill 1 bonus      $1,000

I can foresee one detriment:  People avoiding combat at late hours to farm perks at undefended fields.  But doesn't that kind of happen already? 
I can foresee another detriment:  People ganging.  But doesn't ganging and picking kind of happen already?

I think a system like this would promote combat and introduce a new game dynamic since it creates a huge incentive to shoot something or blow something up, with no bonuses for landing until after something has been shot or blowed up.

Your thoughts?

So basically the same method but instead of perks it's just renamed into 'money'.  And instead of hundreds of perks, which are easy enough to get now, it's 'money' which will be easy enough to get then.

So what is the change exactly?
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
greed

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 07:59:11 PM »
I don't like it but then I don't like any of the free to play type virtual economies (not saying thats what your suggesting just explaining.) A few details that you would need to iron out are whether you would end up encouraging things like lawndarting, bomb and bail, flying with unrealisticaly light fuel etc. Also if you up a plane you have to pay for it even if no once else is around, as in take off to defend a base just as the last attacker departs or dies or searching for strat raiders unsuccessfully.

Pies not kicks.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 02:02:33 AM »
This is EXACTLY what I have wanted for MAny years. Rather than eny maybe just make the dollar change its worth.
Peanut1 in game.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »
I'd like to see strats attached to perks. Like a sliding ENY scale. Where your never limited as to which aircraft you can fly but it cost a perk price to fly it.

Example: All hangars are bombed at an airfield. You can still launch all the 30+ ENY planes at no cost but low ENY birds cost perks to launch. Want an LA-7 with all the hangars down? Sure! That'll be 20 perks.

Bomb the city and the more flat it becomes the mor perks it costs to launch the low ENY planes.

Give the two weekers a starting amount of perks to play with say 1K perhaps the ability to purchase some perks if they so desire.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:44:12 AM »
Bomb the city and the more flat it becomes the mor perks it costs to launch the low ENY planes.

That's basically inverted ENY. The vastly outnumbered side, not being abled to mount any city defense in face of the enemy hordes, has now effectively even higher ENY.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »

That's basically inverted ENY. The vastly outnumbered side, not being abled to mount any city defense in face of the enemy hordes, has now effectively even higher ENY.
You're right. Still I'd rather see that than Darbar down. We certainly need some play adjustments though.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »
i may be wrong-this sounds like wot-wop-wos-

i see nothing wrong with the way it is

leave it alone.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 03:58:53 PM »
i may be wrong-this sounds like wot-wop-wos-

i see nothing wrong with the way it is

leave it alone.

That is what came to my mind too.  Feels, this generation = too COD/Gamey.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 01:33:20 AM »

.50 cal damage  $400
Bomb damage   $2,456
Rocket Damage  $258
Kill 1 bonus      $1,000

Your thoughts?

I dont think I want to pay 15 bucks a month to play world of thunder, or wowp, or wop.  if you ever played for example world of tanks where the more damage you cause the more experience you get to upgrade.  you still see 1/2 the players rushing to get 1 or 2 shots before dying then moving on to the next tank they own.  or have some guys up a tank then go afk and just keep upping hoping that a win will give them more xp.  some actually have scrips that lets them play for days at a time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.