Author Topic: HELP ME I CAN"T SEE!  (Read 943 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
HELP ME I CAN"T SEE!
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:25:07 AM »
Can anyone post tidbits to help when the enemy is very close to me and I'm finding it extremely hard to keep tabs of where they are. Any practice games to help with this. Its most important yet I suck. :cry

ZORO

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: HELP ME I CAN"T SEE!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:25:05 AM »
Take off from a friendly field.

Climb to 5K.

Return to friendly field.

Find a hangar.

Fly your air combat maneuvers while keeping in sight that hangar.

That practice will help you keep sight of an enemy aircraft.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »
Practice offline flying while looking backwards, particularly on the deck.

Are you using a hat switch for views?  If so, are your views optimized for the plane you are flying? 

You have to set up views using the four arrow keys and page up/page down keys for best visibility.  This means for every view, out of every plane you fly.

If you fly the Hellcat, you are SOL.  :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:03:15 AM »
Keeping an eye on a guy is all about practice. As Caldera said you CAN adjust all of the views. Here is a video on the trainers site that explains how. http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/fugitivesflashtutorials/headposition.swf Using a hat switch I find the easiest. I know another guy who uses the keypad and always has. Then there is TrackIR the head tracking kit that some use. All still take practice to get good at keeping and knowing what is in your view.

Haps practice is a good one as well as trying to maneuvering around the circling planes (off line) diving, rolling and such but keeping the plane in the center of your view at all times. In the game, when in an area that MAY have bad guys I scan all views every couple seconds. Even in areas I don't think have bad guys in it I scan all views often.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 09:08:18 AM »
Can anyone post tidbits to help when the enemy is very close to me and I'm finding it extremely hard to keep tabs of where they are. Any practice games to help with this. Its most important yet I suck. :cry

ZORO

Come fly with the 113th Lucky Strikes, We try to fly every sortie as a mission and we assign wing men.  We fly as Knights every Saturday night starting around 7:PM EDST  VOX 113.  We fly P38's but you can fly what ever you feel comfortable in. You wing up with us and you have 5 or 6 extra sets of eyes looking around and calling out bandits.  Your welcome to wing up for a flight or the night.  one good thing about flying with the 113th you will be assigned a target or a specific function and will have a specific task to perform, you will be assigned an altitude and route to the IP and know egress point and route out.  Check out our wiki page , just click on the link in my signature, look at the mission profiles.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Dicedealer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:07:37 PM »
You can also fly offline ..instead of shooting the drones ...fly around them from every angle trying to keep them always in your view...it takes time and practice...Get use to being shot down a lot..My learning curve in this game has been into the ground mostly. That and read read read...I found some great tips for view set ups in a lot of different places.  :airplane:

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 11:13:31 PM »
Pushing tab also brackets one plane and f-11 I think will track that plane as long as it's within veiw from the pilots perspective ,,  I'm not at my dest to check but I think that's right!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »
Pushing tab also brackets one plane and f-11 I think will track that plane as long as it's within veiw from the pilots perspective ,,  I'm not at my dest to check but I think that's right!

I've never used it but from everything I've heard over all my time is that Padlock doesn't work that well and probably hurts you more in the long term than it helps in the short term.  For that reason I wouldn't recommend it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 11:45:51 PM »
I've never used it but from everything I've heard over all my time is that Padlock doesn't work that well and probably hurts you more in the long term than it helps in the short term.  For that reason I wouldn't recommend it.
it works great if you want to see what track IR is like without having to buy it first!
I have used it in 1v1s before and really liked it,,,  but it's been a long time ago!
Flying since tour 71.