Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15272 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 12:50:41 AM »
I wouldn't agree to this format myself.

Yeah it does seem a bit sketch.
Top Gun

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »
How am I instigating?

The instigation has nothing to do with me, in any event.

I would view it as trying to "flame bait", honestly

done with this part of the thread, ok  will not answer any more unnecessary questions
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 12:58:43 AM »
Only the third criteria is questionable.

I would have done cold passes period..no "anything after the first" kinda stuff.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 01:06:09 AM »
I would have done cold passes period..no "anything after the first" kinda stuff.

that is a very questionable call, does one team break after both planes have crossed the 3/9 line or do they break after crossing the 3/9 line of their opponent's forward most plane only?

This is one reason I like to use the bracket attack in these 2vs2 competitions, it gives ya more space and a bigger view of the overall picture right at the merge

one thing I saw in the rules format that I , myself, thought should be there and wasn't is:

Once engaged you can not extend further than a set distance, with it being a 2vs2, I would probably say 4K distance Max ( or 5K distance Max once engaged ), to where it is normally just 2.5K distance for a 1vs1....

but This was all 4 of them's agreement for this particular instance...

just a thought regarding the rules format....

Please keep this thread civil, Thank  You

<S>

TC
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:10:28 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »
I would view it as trying to "flame bait", honestly

done with this part of the thread, ok  will not answer any more unnecessary questions

You are entitled to your opinion.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 01:19:55 AM »
in a 2V2 cold merge the team that spreads out before merge will win.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 01:21:54 AM »
Same here, but it depends on the inner morale.
AoM
City of ice

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 01:26:57 AM »
in a 2V2 cold merge the team that spreads out before merge will win.
Why?

that is a very questionable call, does one team break after both planes have crossed the 3/9 line or do they break after crossing the 3/9 line of their opponent's forward most plane only?

This is one reason I like to use the bracket attack in these 2vs2 competitions, it gives ya more space and a bigger view of the overall picture right at the merge

one thing I saw in the rules format that I , myself, thought should be there and wasn't is:

Once engaged you can not extend further than a set distance, with it being a 2vs2, I would probably say 4K distance Max ( or 5K distance Max once engaged ), to where it is normally just 2.5K distance for a 1vs1....

but This was all 4 of them's agreement for this particular instance...

just a thought regarding the rules format....

Please keep this thread civil, Thank  You

<S>

TC
keep it at 2.5K any further then that the fight is going to split into just 2 1v1s....at least that was my experience in the 2v2s I have been apart of.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 03:59:48 AM »
Beifallführern Vs TheDamned

:old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 04:06:33 AM »
One thought:
if the AoM/Few/TG/80th/JG-xx/LD/etc. posted every single match they have ever won...  ;)
But as long as it is fun for both, why not?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:26:19 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 06:45:30 AM »
Why?
keep it at 2.5K any further then that the fight is going to split into just 2 1v1s....at least that was my experience in the 2v2s I have been apart of.

Seperation.  Lead ship has the angle everytime as well and the the 3/9 line timing is unmanageable.  Someone always goes through first.

You will see HOs and some Rams, lol.  Lotsa of victories by HOs.  Lotsa missed shots.  That's on Triton and I.  Fuel was a problem too.  Pilot discretion so if you run out, your dead.  First fight that happened.

The format didn't really matter folks.  What mattered is two ship tactics.  I encourage everyone to spend some time trying it.  It's different but generally the winner will be the guy who gets guns on after the merge at any angle.  They flew well.

Two 1 v 1s only happen if they stay in those fights.  They don't and we shouldn't have tried.  One move vertically, remerged, one turn, switch.  The more aggressive had spent enough E to not be ready for the E that had been gathered by the opponent during the switch.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:49:51 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 07:51:41 AM »

Films plz, if thats possible.

Respectfully....Why?

A few links for you.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,357986.msg4745737.html#msg4745737

Specifically:

· General Tournament Rules

- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 7.5K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  Players should expeditiously climb to merge altitude.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.

The red highlights are mine.

If there is some argument against the use because this was a multi-ship engagement, let me point you to another set of rules.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,254157.0.html

In summary:

1.) The established dueling tourney ladder, used for several years, has not prohibited front quarter shots after the first merge. 
2.) The SDL rules did not prohibit front quarter shots either.

So again, respectfully, I ask the question:  Why would you both not agree to the provision?

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 08:07:25 AM »

Films plz, if thats possible.

Not sure if it's questionable now when it wasn't in the 5v5 post..care to elaborate?

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 08:10:03 AM »
Yeah it does seem a bit sketch.

Again, I think this should have been mentioned in the first 5v5 post, you did post on there, why didn't the question come up then? Would you care to elaborate?

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »
One thought:
if the AoM/Few/TG/80th/JG-xx/LD/etc. posted every single match they have ever won...  ;)
But as long as it is fun for both, why not?

Not sure, I haven't been around long enough to know, I'm sure results were posted in some SDL forum. Since that's not active, I am posting them here. Again, I ask the same question, why didn't you mention this in my previous 5v5 post?