Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15462 times)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2014, 01:53:21 AM »
You have fast feet, I'll give ya that, lmao.  But as I said, its pretty clear who ya are.

Still didn't address anything, you don't even care about getting 2v2 going do you? Sad.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2014, 02:07:48 AM »
Poof... lol
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2014, 03:32:19 AM »
OK, after 280 posts to this thread, I would like to get an answer on the following:

what does this community consider a "DUEL" is ?

what does this community consider "competition dogfighting 1 vs. 1" is ?

what does this community consider "competition dogfighting 2 vs. 2" is ?

what does this community consider "competition dogfighting 5 vs. 5" is ?

there is a difference, yet this has not been addressed

edit: maybe I should of posted this in the 2vs 2 thread by Changeup, but it's like everyone is jumping back and forth between the 2 threads

2nd edit due to Canspec's post below, I am adding competition to the dogfighting questions above

TC

I will explain this tomorrow and the "cummunity" needs to listen up.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2014, 03:44:03 AM »
Not Relevant to a 2v2.

It is. You're trying to muddle pilot skill (individual) with wingman skill because you are better at the latter (probably).

Did you read what I said about inference?

If you or Skyyr want to have a discussion about inference, argument, logic and the significance and use of each then let's have a separate discussion about it. I'm not going to muddle these topics together for effect.

Such as the same zealousness with which turn/stall fighters defend their own style? I'm not sure what you mean what we are seeing here?

No I don't think so. Turn / stall fighters accept BnZ as part of their daily activities and develop techniques to counter that approach. They have to. They are still killed by that approach to an inevitable percentage which varies upon their skill and concentration on that moment. Your approach is inherently more risk free, safer and easier to apply. When you assert you're superior because you killed them (once seems to do) then you are conveniently ignoring this factor and concentrating on your own awesomeness. Skyyr made one film (still with arguably griefing motivation) where he defeated an opponent through the skillful application of ACM from a disadvantage. I myself admire that one piece of flying over a thousand kills starting from an: secure the advantage approach. Your Dicta Boelke philosophy doesn't equate to a skillful reversal of fortune in the Aces High culture because when all said and done skill seems to be more admired here than score. Honestly I don't see the two of you being able to change this even with the advantage of the background cultural shift towards lower-risk higher-results.

That is the entire point of trying to have a reasonable discussion in regards to 2v2, who judges what is fair though?

It isn't difficult to establish this. You seem to apply a sports mentality. Every sport I can think of emphasizes removing unfair advantage and letting skill settle the result. As AKAK said there has been no argument from you why equal fuel loadout wouldn't work in a 2 vs 2.

As a relatively new guy,

You keep saying this. I've already asked this before and note you declined to answer. How many years did you play your previous air combat flight sim for?

I have seen behavior that is anything but honorable, I have seen hypocrisy that is just laughable. I will brag to those people if I beat them in this type of competition. I expect the same to be done to me.

Not everybody behaves this way. It is your choice to respond in kind which contributes to it, not reduces it.

If any measure of intolerance is to be mentioned..talk about the guys who ignorantly think Energy fighting is easy or cheap.

No that is incorrectly stated. You always have whiners who moan about not getting the fight that suits them hence the Runstang, turntard, 'whatever' terms and so forth. Obviously people are self-centred and want usually instant gratification in the realms of a computer game. Not too difficult to comprehend those complaints for what they are. We are discussing something more ideological.

I told you in response to a conversation with Skyyr I took the time to learn BnZ so at least I was informed about it. I don't think energy fighting or BnZ is cheap I think what is cheap is to use a more risk-reduced approach to assert you are better or more dominant / competitive <insert whatever term that best describes it> then those who do turn / stall fight or choose to fight from a disadvantage.

This is not war, this is a recreational game. Survival is optional and people have different ways of getting their fun. Your own insistence that score /kills / results is the only thing that counts is dogmatic, intolerant and bombastic. When all said and done, trying to built an empire in this tiny teacup is a rather humourous and childish endeavour. Hopefully it is that, otherwise it is a rather desperate statement of neediness.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #289 on: August 23, 2014, 04:55:13 AM »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2014, 08:42:22 AM »
This is not war, this is a recreational game.
Liar! :noid
See Rule #4

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2014, 12:15:54 PM »
Still didn't address anything, you don't even care about getting 2v2 going do you? Sad.

There isn't any substance in your posts to address.  You BBS like you fly.  Circles and ropes.

I care about the competition in any form as long as all of the participants are in agreement.  Look, if everyone agreed to varying fuel loads, I would probably do it anyway for one reason:  those fights would be twice as fun and more challenging than any crap that goes on in the MA and because my friends here and people I respect are playing which means I'll get better.

In the end it doesn't matter what I want or don't want so its not material.  Its what the collective wants and the rules that follow collectively.  That's what you don't seem to get nor do you seem to want to understand.  You want people to do it your way and you make heinous arguments to convince them.  The problem is all these fellers KNOW the rules you'd like to see leave room for wiggle and manipulation and they aren't having any of it I guess.

Its not up to me and never has been.  Personally I'd prefer the canyon fights and don't mind seeing you guys make you runs above the canyon rim and back to base because you provide numbers and numbers draw people and most people don't fly the way you do so you create targets for all of us.  You at least contribute in that manner.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »
Liar! :noid

Liar! Pants on fire! Stick your head, in a dryer!  :old:

:lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2014, 01:36:11 PM »
Poof... lol

My fingers would have been sore if had to type poof last night.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2014, 01:41:14 PM »

And then in rage-child fashion, they tried smoke-checking your 12, lol.  A site to behold indeed.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »

The sophisticated dudes have a macro for it. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »

How do you do it then?   :bolt:
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #297 on: August 23, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »
How do you do it then?   :bolt:

:rofl

Very carefully.   :)
      -AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2014, 02:30:28 PM »

Because we have to.  :lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #299 on: August 23, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time