Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15534 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
in a 2V2 cold merge the team that spreads out before merge will win.

Not exactly true.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 08:32:35 AM »
From what I know about all of this, the only thing going on here is Kruel,Triton28,skyyr and Changeup all agreed to go have some friendly competition in the DA 2vs2....

they agreed upon a set of rules and format, and had a fun time ( I am hoping by all participants ) in getting some friendly competitive 2 vs 2 dogfights.....

Triton28 did not post any harsh remarks, so why would anyone else who has posted try to stir the damn pot!

TC

this^

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 08:33:22 AM »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »
They care.  They have an objective.   This thread furthers same.

You're starting to act like someone who is butthurt, are you butthurt bro?

Spreading rumors, spewing empty statements without being able to back them up. That's why you were removed from the squad. Quit acting like the crazy ex girlfriend who keys up a car because she got dumped. Man up, get better.

I'd ask you to back up your empty talk, but since you know us so well you know how that's is going to turn out.

Hope I didn't drone on too much or give ya a headache.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:30:01 PM by Kruel »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 09:34:17 AM »
Not sure if it's questionable now when it wasn't in the 5v5 post..care to elaborate?
I will never go "anything goes". Not my taste, thats all.

Not sure, I haven't been around long enough to know, I'm sure results were posted in some SDL forum. Since that's not active, I am posting them here. Again, I ask the same question, why didn't you mention this in my previous 5v5 post?
This is one thing what is allright to post - once. More is just... hey, look at me. I dont care about the results as you might guess... wasnt there, i dont know anything about this.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 09:51:06 AM »
This is one thing what is allright to post - once. More is just... hey, look at me. I dont care about the results as you might guess... wasnt there, i dont know anything about this.

Again, respectfully, the main reason this is being done is to try to jump start activities like this again, encourage competition beyond the ususal LWMA fights, etc. 

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 09:55:47 AM »
I will never go "anything goes". Not my taste, thats all.

Can't really enforce anything else past the first merge, you wouldn't have done SDL then since it was part of those rules.

Oh, it was alright to post when we lost, but not when we won...gotcha.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 10:13:17 AM »
Again, respectfully, the main reason this is being done is to try to jump start activities like this again, encourage competition beyond the ususal LWMA fights, etc. 

Personally I don't think these are the "activities" that should be encouraged.  All we need is MORE egotistical,  chest thumpers in this game. I'd rather see squads that work together to make the game more fun for everyone around them, not just another "king of the hill" group.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »
Can't really enforce anything else past the first merge

This. Factor in lag and differing views between players (it's completely possible to see your opponent not have a guns solution on your end while they actually have one on their end due to naturally-occurring delay) and you just can't enforce them in an unbiased manner.

Not only that, but a neutral, mid-altitude, guns-cold (what you call "no HO") initial merge where anything goes afterwards is the de facto standard for virtually every air combat sim to date... and for good reason - it's how real fights are flown even today.

Seeing as this has been the format for even the 1v1 bracket tournaments, I'm not sure what the issue is here. The merge, as described, allows for a completely neutral merge - no one holds the advantage or can gain the advantage prior. Afterwards, everything is based on tactics and their inherent merits.

This type of setup shows which tactics actually work in air combat... and which ones don't.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »
Personally I don't think these are the "activities" that should be encouraged.  All we need is MORE egotistical,  chest thumpers in this game. I'd rather see squads that work together to make the game more fun for everyone around them, not just another "king of the hill" group.

Ah, you're against a competition where the ground is truly neutral and the only requirement is to fight and die by your own merits. No biased or arbitrary rules, no crying or whining allowed about where someone was shot (you might hate that rule) - you're even free to come back and try again.

Yes, I can see why you'd hate that.

You're a member of the Trophies and Medals for Everyone Coalition... amirite?!
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »
Personally I don't think these are the "activities" that should be encouraged.  All we need is MORE egotistical,  chest thumpers in this game. I'd rather see squads that work together to make the game more fun for everyone around them, not just another "king of the hill" group.

Thank you for your response, Fugi.  I respect your opinion, understand the points you bring up, and share your concerns ...at least to a degree.  

That said, there will always be "chest thumpers" in any activity that involves competition....it's human nature.  The best anyone can do is try to "keep it light".  I think BOTH sides in this particular engagement and the previous  one are doing a good job of keeping that controlled and respectful. I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that isn't typical behavior for either side!  :D

Maybe there is hope for humanity!  :O

;) :aok

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 10:28:03 AM »
Can't really enforce anything else past the first merge, you wouldn't have done SDL then since it was part of those rules.

Oh, it was alright to post when we lost, but not when we won...gotcha.

The "anything goes" after the merge is pretty standard, but in my experience in dueling brackets, there usually isn't anything resembling face shots because neither pilot wants to win that way.  Yes, it's historically accurate and the rules don't prohibit it, but it's still a good way to ruin what could be a good fight.

As for you guys posting the results, I have no issue with it because I know where you're coming from.  Most people here don't post results from spur of the moment DA matches because, frankly, nobody else usually cares... lol. 

Instead of redoing the SDL, why don't you form some sort of 2v2 league?  I have no idea if anyone else wants to do it, but at least then people won't look at you funny when you post results. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
No, very few have the time/talent to become a "top dog", however everyone can work together and have fun.

Nothing wrong with groups having fighter cover over buffs working together the take/flatten a base. All that does is generate more fights, more action, more fun. Where as a few hot shots coming in picking a few kills and then bullying people on the radio create animosity and frustration that causes people to leave.

I prefer the fun over frustration any day.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 10:29:05 AM »
Ah, you're against a competition where the ground is truly neutral and the only requirement is to fight and die by your own merits. No biased or arbitrary rules, no crying or whining allowed about where someone was shot (you might hate that rule) - you're even free to come back and try again.

Eassssyyy boy.  Woah there.  Woooaaahhh there!  *hauls back on the reins*  :D

See what I mean about the human competitive spirit?  :lol

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
Most people here don't post results from spur of the moment DA matches because, frankly, nobody else usually cares... lol.  

Ah, we apologize for posting our 5v5 match last week then. It was spur of the moment, but we always aim for transparency, which is why we posted it.

That said, our 2v2 was discussed (on these very forums) for quite some time (close to two weeks, if I remember correctly), so it definitely wasn't spur of the moment. It was simply a matter of finding a night that we would all be on together to fight our previously agreed-upon match.

-=S=-
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...