Author Topic: THE 2 v 2 thread.  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
Re: THE 2 v 2 thread.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
Identical weapons has always made sense.

[/URL]
AMAX  in game

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2014, 09:40:41 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)[/URL]

Not to Skyyr or Kruel, they'd want the option to be able to take a machine gun while you take a Saturday Night Special.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »

Truth nuke.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2014, 10:16:38 PM »
Not to Skyyr or Kruel, they'd want the option to be able to take a machine gun while you take a Saturday Night Special.

ack-ack

I found this so funny.

:rofl
Top Gun

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 01:51:04 AM »
How about a 5k merge, with 8k alt cap?

Getting tired of these turning into MA style fights.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 12:04:23 PM »

ack-ack
If one side of a 2v2 duel had the capacity to dictate what fuel load the other side takes, then this statement would possibly make sense. However, since neither side can choose for the other, it becomes an inapt comparison. It is, at worst, like giving your opponent the OPTION to take a cheaply-made handgun up against a machinegun, although I wouldn't call differing fuel loads as extreme a difference as all that. If they choose to exercise that option, whose fault is it really?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 12:48:50 PM »
Off-topic:
An interesting point is that dueling pistols were typically smooth-bore, not rifled, which is of course less accurate. But one of the primary reasons pistol dueling superseded sword dueling is the fact that in a pistol duel shots could be fired, no one hit, and honor could be considered satisfied at that point. Whereas in a sword duel, blood had to be drawn, and two scared-as-hell guys poking about with two very long needles is as likely to result in a fatal puncture wound as a scratch. Thus, this relative inaccuracy was almost certainly quietly considered a good thing by those who might find themselves having to duel.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2014, 04:01:55 PM »
Honest question.   Wouldn't this be better served in the Dog Fighting Club forum, or whatever it was changed to, since I was punted out of a group that I helped Co-Found?

hell man I booted a bunch back then that were not participating...or flying....

I asked ALL the old timers if they wanted to stay....the ones that said yes are still there the ones that didn't are not.

I got a few ladders going it was cool for awhile, then life got in the way...

I would be more then willing to put you back in....all you gotta do is ask ;)

I know why I was punted, but the thread deletions were funnier IMO.   Invite me back in and I'll use it for it's intended purpose.

you were punted because you did NOT say you wanted to stay....

what was its "intended" purposes?

a place to talk crap about the other players...

or a place for those that like dogfighting?

it was option A until I took it over and actually made dueling ladders and such.

you are more then welcome to take it back.....hell as a matter of fact keep an eye out you will see it soon...and seeings how you are a "cofounder" you will be "incharge" until I return.

I will be happy if you can get people to actually participate....I would get you some images for ladders if you want.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:06:54 PM by ink »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »
Jay you are in....

I reread what I said last message...let me say that I dont mean it was created for a place to talk crap about others first.... it very well may have been all about dogfighting....

but by time I got there it was anything but that.....

I was the one who brought it back to what it was supposed to be about.

in any case you are back in and a mod..... bring people in...start some ladders and get it back going....when I get back ingame it would be cool if some ladders are going.