Author Topic: Mass Disco Rant  (Read 805 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Mass Disco Rant
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:49:45 PM »
So tonight I am flying at the A26 furball and out of no where my beacon turns on. . .3 mins afterwards I am disco'd.
I mean it is normal to disco, but when I log back in more than half the arena has also been disconnected at the EXACT same time as me. . .
but that is not what I care about. . .

My precious perk points, they're all gone BUT I landed 4 kills successfully in the 262 yet ALL my perks but the ones obtained after the sortie were lost.  :furious
Is this normal or . . . . ?
Top Gun

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
Re: Mass Disco Rant
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:03:12 PM »
Brother I feel your pain re discos. Had about 10 in the last 24 hours. Been pissing down last few days which always messes my connection. As for perks don't sweat it mate, up a mossy and earn em back real quick. Heck I donate my perks to you if I could.. I keep earning them and rarely ever use em.
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »
I have had some as well...but sadly not due to netowrk issues. Adobe added some new update "features" with their last update I was not aware of...so Ive had a few instances of AH minimize and crashes recently.  :o  :(

Uninstalling all Adobe products fixed it right up :D 
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:17:19 PM »
For the second night in a row there was a major disco of about 40% of the players.  Last night it really played to the Rook advantage.  We had a major mission going to A26 when the majority of the mission discoed and did not go back to the plane.  When we got back the reds were still waiting for the attack on A26 so we upped a NOE to A20.  The reds responded well but we got the base then the neighboring  V base.

So not all things are bad when discoed.

It must have been a server problem since none of the setting I had used for the mission were saved and nobody was put back in the plane.  It was as if the mission never occurred.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 01:30:52 PM »
Bad storms all over the U.S. last night caused problems.... if it would have been a server problem, I'd think everyone in the arena would have dumped
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:54:34 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 08:19:47 PM »
SOLAR ACTIVITY PICKS UP: A new sunspot emerging over the sun's NE limb is bringing an uptick in solar activity. AR2149 announced itself on August 21st with an impulsive M3-class solar flare. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the explosion's extreme ultraviolet flash:

UV radiation from the flare partially ionized the upper layers of Earth's atmosphere. This "Sudden Ionospheric Disturbance" altered the normal propagation of VLF (very low frequency) radio transmissions over the northern hemisphere, shown here in a recording from the Polarlightcenter in Lofoten, Norway. The disturbance has since subsided.

Because AR2149 is near the sun's eastern horizon, our view of the region is foreshortened. Evaluating the structure of its magnetic field is therefore tricky. As the sunspot turns toward Earth in the days ahead, we will get a better idea of its flare-producing potential. For now, NOAA forecasters are estimating a 25% chance of M-flares in the next 24 hours.

http://spaceweather.com/

- oldman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 01:32:07 AM »
Only read the thread title.

Mass disco localized on my PC.

Wearing me out, esp. when I could MAYBE get my name in lights and get "Host Connection Lost" when I am rolling out on the runway.  FML!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)