Author Topic: AI Bailing On the Runway  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
AI Bailing On the Runway
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:36:49 PM »
I can't tell you how many times I have discoed either on final or rolling out on the runway after a sortie.

The AI bails me out every time.    Is there any way to program things so it at least lets me rejoin rolling out on the runway?  I lost a six-kill mission because of this (I don't get very many runs like that so I was REALLY miffed about it).

Surely the AI can be taught not to bail out of an airplane rolling out on the centerline of the runway, no?

Thanks for listening.

<S>
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: AI Bailing On the Runway
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:41:42 PM »
vraciu what do you use as your internet provider?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:50:48 PM »
vraciu what do you use as your internet provider?

semp

The crummy local provider.  I think it is CableOne.  We don't even have UVerse here yet.   Lame.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 12:35:22 AM »
The crummy local provider.  I think it is CableOne.  We don't even have UVerse here yet.   Lame.

how is hitech supposed to fix your crummy local provider then?  I have cable internet.  one of the squadies came over to visit.  we both play.  have 2 tv's connected but not downloading plus a tablet.  and I have no problems.  except for today when i had some stutters and i think that is due to my new crappy sound card.

hope you dont have a file sharing program or many people at your house using the internet at the same time.  btw, I live in the only street in the city that doesnt have Uverse.

semp

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 12:51:59 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not the issue.

Hitech put the rejoin feature in to compensate for bad connections.  Otherwise it would just be a DISCO.  Duh.  Come on now, bro.

If I am rolling out on the runway with nobody around I should not get bailed out of the airplane.  That's stupid.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 01:14:06 AM »
I agree, ive been bailed out on the runway on more than one occasion. Id imagine its not that hard to program the AI to stay in the plane when landed, but than again I'm no programmer.
See Rule #4

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 01:45:45 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not the issue.

Hitech put the rejoin feature in to compensate for bad connections.  Otherwise it would just be a DISCO.  Duh.  Come on now, bro.

If I am rolling out on the runway with nobody around I should not get bailed out of the airplane.  That's stupid.

think about it this way.  and I am not speaking for hitech.  but when rolling off runway you disco, the feature only puts you at a slight climb.  which is not enough to clear the trees.  that is what is happening to you.  if they increase the climb then you may have problems when you are at higher altitute as you may stall.

but this is what you should be asking instead of ranting about the feature due to your connection.

"you should ask that when on runway if you disco then the ai takes off with the auto take off function on, otherwise it keeps as it is now".

semp

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 02:14:05 AM »
think about it this way.  and I am not speaking for hitech.  but when rolling off runway you disco, the feature only puts you at a slight climb.  which is not enough to clear the trees.  that is what is happening to you.  if they increase the climb then you may have problems when you are at higher altitute as you may stall.

but this is what you should be asking instead of ranting about the feature due to your connection.

"you should ask that when on runway if you disco then the ai takes off with the auto take off function on, otherwise it keeps as it is now".

semp

I will debate your points later.  How do I turn this feature off in the meantime?

It is a real pain in my arze.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:32:02 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
The auto takeoff can be turned on/off in the options section of the notepad in the game.

If you are referring to the AI flying your plane on disco, you cant turn it off. If it was off you would lose everything, kills and perks. It would be counted as a death I believe. No name in lights. Count on it working that way all the time (like it was for the first 10 years we played here) and if your still flying when you return be happy!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »
I will debate your points later.  How do I turn this feature off in the meantime?

Why would you want to?

Disco with reconnect feature = you die occasionally
Disco without reconnect feature = you die everytime

I don't see how that would be better
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 10:54:03 AM »
The OPs issue has merit.  Surely, the reconnect can be programmed to allow you rejoin your plane when on the ground?  I had this happen to me on the re-arm pad twice over the past few months. 

Now, if you are rolling, that may be a different subject altogether.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »
The OPs issue has merit.  Surely, the reconnect can be programmed to allow you rejoin your plane when on the ground?  I had this happen to me on the re-arm pad twice over the past few months. 

problem is he's rolling and when disco'd the ai puts him on just a slight climb not enough to clear trees or whatever.  that's why I suggested he asks for ai to be changed to auto take off if disco'd soon after spawning.  or perhaps he should spawn with throttle on lowest setting see what happens.

semp

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 01:46:55 PM »

In my latest case I was belly landing on the runway centerline.  I was two seconds from stopping when it discoed.  I tried to wait out the timer because I knew what would happen.  I came back in too soon.  "The AI has bailed you out of the plane."

Grrrr.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 01:48:09 PM »
I agree, ive been bailed out on the runway on more than one occasion. Id imagine its not that hard to program the AI to stay in the plane when landed, but than again I'm no programmer.

Agreed.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 01:49:42 PM »
think about it this way.  and I am not speaking for hitech.  but when rolling off runway you disco, the feature only puts you at a slight climb.  which is not enough to clear the trees.  that is what is happening to you.  if they increase the climb then you may have problems when you are at higher altitute as you may stall.

semp

I wasn't in a climb at all.   I was bellied in on the runway with no wings....sliding to a stop....on the centerline.   (I rarely bother landing with my gear down.....unless I am rearming or have part of a wing shot off.)
”KILLER V”
The Damned