Author Topic: the hoard  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: the hoard
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2015, 06:24:16 PM »
We're all about that fight, as long as we take out the FH's first.  :lol

Never said that.  We are aabout the capture.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2015, 07:39:07 PM »
The Horde or the NOE horde are fun to find and bust before they get to target, what I like to do is fly over  them and act like I don't see them then when they're out of icon range wait a minute or so then head back and start working your way from the back to the front it's quite amusing to watch them scatter like cockroaches when somebody turns the light on.   :x
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:40:52 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2015, 09:29:53 PM »
No, you got it wrong, the 113th announces where we plan to attack, others seem to follow us, if you noticed Saturday the 113th arrived ahead of the horde to take down the hangers.  We can't tell not to attack a base that we are attacking now can we?????????    Not sure if it was your intention to direct the rest of your rant at me, I believe someone else posted about jumping in and HOing and the like, not me.

No only the first line was directed at you, the rest was for the OP.

So by pointing out this one instance were your squad arrived BEFORE the horde means you don't fly WITH the horde ever right?  :devil

Like a few others have pointed out why kill the hangers? I can see the VH, wirbies just add to the bomb count you need to capture a base, those things can be like roaches sometimes. If you have THAT many guys following in the horde why can't you cap a field well enough to drop the town and get troops in? I would think the challenge would add to the trill of the capture.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 03:14:28 AM »
Mikey!! :-) you stirring up the hornets nest again? :devil :cheers:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 04:09:26 AM »
Mikey!! :-) you stirring up the hornets nest again? :devil :cheers:
naw Scotty, im not a trouble maker i just cant see why people got to talk trash and throw explicit name calling over a game. lets face it some of the stuff is totally unnecessary. some of it is funny though. it just seems like some people take this game way to seriously and when it gets personal and out of hand i have to start squelching. its a game not a soap opera chatroom  :salute
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 09:51:42 AM »
P38 hordes are the best. You should hear Save giggle like a schoolgirl when ever we find ones.  :x
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »
No only the first line was directed at you, the rest was for the OP.

So by pointing out this one instance were your squad arrived BEFORE the horde means you don't fly WITH the horde ever right?  :devil

Like a few others have pointed out why kill the hangers? I can see the VH, wirbies just add to the bomb count you need to capture a base, those things can be like roaches sometimes. If you have THAT many guys following in the horde why can't you cap a field well enough to drop the town and get troops in? I would think the challenge would add to the trill of the capture.

We attack to capture and we generally arrive ahead of others, who then attack the town followed by the troops .   Do we fly with the horde, sure do, if it suites our purpose.  We also spend time re-supplying bases and pork Ords to suppress the enemies ability to attack.  The 113th always tries to take and hold bases. We kill the hangers  to support our efforts at the base capture and we have taken down the hangers repeatedly at bases where capture has taken hours to accomplish.  Every 15 minutes like clock work.  You have flown with us and against us and know very well what it is that the 113th does, so why ask here.  We often have to fight our way in destroy assigned targets and fight our way out.   As I said, I've never found a shortage of fights in 15 years.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
We attack to capture and we generally arrive ahead of others, who then attack the town followed by the troops .   Do we fly with the horde, sure do, if it suites our purpose.  We also spend time re-supplying bases and pork Ords to suppress the enemies ability to attack.  The 113th always tries to take and hold bases. We kill the hangers  to support our efforts at the base capture and we have taken down the hangers repeatedly at bases where capture has taken hours to accomplish.  Every 15 minutes like clock work.  You have flown with us and against us and know very well what it is that the 113th does, so why ask here.  We often have to fight our way in destroy assigned targets and fight our way out.   As I said, I've never found a shortage of fights in 15 years.

....because we are having a discussion about hordes. You have the ability (leader of a squad that still holds squad night, one of the few I can see <S>), and the option to fly away from hordes yet you do not. You have built in wingman (I believe you guys assign wingman do you not?) and could easily fight/cap a field yet you feel the need to drop hangers instead of fight.

I'm curious as to why?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2015, 04:44:49 PM »
The most effective way to fight the horde is top down with a fast cannon bird. :rolleyes:

The most fun way is from the bottom up in something maneuverable. :rock

Amen.  For a parts scattering cartoon pilot like me, it's the only way :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2015, 08:13:53 PM »