Author Topic: 2014 College Football  (Read 3367 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Re: 2014 College Football
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2014, 12:11:23 PM »
Roll Tide!!

And good on the committee for picking the best 4.  I know Baylor and TCU fans will be upset but hey, the B12 need to grow a championship game!
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2014, 01:13:43 PM »
Roll Tide!!

And good on the committee for picking the best 4.  I know Baylor and TCU fans will be upset but hey, the B12 need to grow a championship game!

And i thought you were a decent sort of guy.

War Eagle!!  :)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2014, 01:18:46 PM »
And i thought you were a decent sort of guy.

War Eagle!!  :)

Well, I think I am anyway :)

I haven't let the internet cloud my judgement -  if it was Auburn on point in the next month, I would pull for them

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »
I'm really looking forward to watching my Ducks mop up the field with Florida State.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »
Go Bucks!  Think how their season went.  Lost Heisman candidate starting QB.  Lost him to injury and then started red shirt freshman QB who played himself into

Heisman candidacy.  Lost him in the Michigan game and had to start their third string QB in Big Ten Championship Game against Wisconsin who had 4th ranked defense in the

nation and a clear Heisman Trophy candidate running back!  Not to mention during the week lost a team mate who committed suicide.  What did they do?

Beat Wisconsin 59 - 0 who was a 4 point favorite.Two Big Ten Coaches(one former) going at it (Alabama's coach Nick Saban is a former Big Ten Head  Coach at Michigan State).

Lots of former Big Ten Coaches in the SEC.  Someone had to show them how to play football LOL.

I am relishing playing Alabama....should be a good game.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »
Go Bucks!  Think how their season went.  Lost Heisman candidate starting QB.  Lost him to injury and then started red shirt freshman QB who played himself into

Heisman candidacy.  Lost him in the Michigan game and had to start their third string QB in Big Ten Championship Game against Wisconsin who had 4th ranked defense in the

nation and a clear Heisman Trophy candidate running back!  Not to mention during the week lost a team mate who committed suicide.  What did they do?

Beat Wisconsin 59 - 0 who was a 4 point favorite.Two Big Ten Coaches(one former) going at it (Alabama's coach Nick Saban is a former Big Ten Head  Coach at Michigan State).

Lots of former Big Ten Coaches in the SEC.  Someone had to show them how to play football LOL.

I am relishing playing Alabama....should be a good game.

I hope for the best game possible Hajo.  Still, I think the Tide will smack down the Buckeyes come Ney Years day

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
Florida stole my alma mater's coach  :furious

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2014, 03:35:19 PM »
I hope for the best game possible Hajo.  Still, I think the Tide will smack down the Buckeyes come Ney Years day

You've not seen Ohio State play have you?

Majority are now Urban Meyers recruits......starters are Freshmen and Sophomores.

They are going to be at The Ohio State University for awhile  :aok
- The Flying Circus -

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »
You've not seen Ohio State play have you?

Majority are now Urban Meyers recruits......starters are Freshmen and Sophomores.

They are going to be at The Ohio State University for awhile  :aok

I've watched OSU play the last three weeks.

I think Urban has a revenge thing going from when Bama smacked UF in the SEC championship.. That's a good thing, competition is good.

My prediction -  Bama 45; OSU 18

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »
As a Wolverine, I am saddened by the state of affairs of the football team and am hoping that folks can turn it around.

Our season is done, and now I wish all the luck to Ohio State.  They have looked great so far.  I was sorry to see the quarterback get a broken ankle -- that poor guy, after having done such a great job filling in.  I thought Ohio State might be in trouble then, but little did I know that they have a seemingly infinite supply of awesome quarterbacks!

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
As a Wolverine, I am saddened by the state of affairs of the football team and am hoping that folks can turn it around.

Our season is done, and now I wish all the luck to Ohio State.  They have looked great so far.  I was sorry to see the quarterback get a broken ankle -- that poor guy, after having done such a great job filling in.  I thought Ohio State might be in trouble then, but little did I know that they have a seemingly infinite supply of awesome quarterbacks!

As an Ohio State fan, I knew we had good backups, albeit untested for the most part. I don't think any one of us saw what was coming at the B1G Championship game. What a pleasant sigh of relief, especially on defense.

If our team can play with the same energy and enthusiasm in the Sugar Bowl like they did last weekend, I see no reason why we can't beat Alabama. The best part is, none of the Alabama players and fans are taking us seriously... They think we are a pushover- or a warmup leading to the NCG. Boy do I hope they get over confident and complacent....  :devil

Like Bo Shembechler used to say "When people start saying nice things about you, watch out!".
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2014, 05:40:27 PM »
Roll Tide!!

Disappointed for TCU yes but seeing the reasons behind the committees decision I can, grudgingly, agree with it.  I like what coach Patterson said though if you want to be assured of a spot don't lose.  Out of all the teams in it I'm going to have to pull for the ducks.  I don't much like bama, and I loathe that kid at FSU, Ohio State would be a great story, but I've been to Medford and loved it so... go Ducks
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
For once it was fun to be a Gophers fan this year.  Jerry Kill's done a great job with that program and I only hope we don't lose him before the job is done.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2014, 09:42:47 AM »
Ooooh, that was a beat down!

Sorry, Changeup!

:D
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2014, 10:39:17 AM »
Just a little over a day away from the first NCAA play off games; I am stoked!

My predictions:

Ducks vs Seminoles:  Seminoles luck runs out.  They have found a way to win all season in a bunch of close games - many come from behind wins.  I think the offensive juggernaut the Ducks are will over power them.  Ducks 42, Seminoles 35.

Bucks vs Bama:  There is more to OSU than the media is giving them credit for and IT WILL NOT be a beat down in Bama's favor.  Having said that, OSU will have to beat Bama passing and I don't think the 3rd string QB will be protected that well to achieve it.  Bama wins by a touchdown.  Bama 28, Bucks 21

Meanwhile, there is a lot of good football to be played tonight and tomorrow.  ND vs LSu and UGA vs Louisville tonight.