Author Topic: The next step  (Read 2335 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The next step
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »
If your gonna fly the hurri2 you need to be packing the 12 .303s. 

Wish we had the typhy with 12 .303s ;(

I found them not as effective....could be my aim just sux haha

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 09:59:30 PM »
They aren't as effective. Still, its funnier tickling people to death with the 303s
See Rule #4

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 01:05:41 AM »
They aren't as effective. Still, its funnier tickling people to death with the 303s
I shot down A20s with the mosquito's 4x0.303s. At least in one case where we were 1v1 and the A20 was fresh, it took a little over 2000 rounds (out of my 3200) to bring it down. I am not a very good shot, but given the short distances and the size of the A20, I'll assume I was hitting at least 10%, so that means at least 200 "ping-ping-ping" sounds in the other guy's head phones...

Finally his tail came off and he floated down to the sea, but if he would have exploded mid-air, he'd still be hearing "ping-ping-ping" for like 10 seconds in the tower. 12x0.303 will do the job in less than 1/3 of the time because in addition to throwing 3 times as many slugs per sec, you are more likely to concentrate damage on one critical component of the target. The other guy will probably still be hearing pings for half a minute in the tower... :)

I know of at least one kill by a real 12x0.303 typhoon. However, that armament was quickly phased out.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs