Author Topic: And people complain about the collision model of AH  (Read 1128 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: And people complain about the collision model of AH
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 02:55:15 AM »
What amuses me is this video is titled "How to dogfight".

What doesn't amuse however is how much more advanced the graphics are.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »
What doesn't amuse however is how much more advanced the graphics are.

yup it's amusing.  world of tanks also has better graphics.  then again you also have tanks that disappear in front of you 100 meters away in the open.  and a thousand other amusing facts including the one where the map is only like 1.5k meters by 1.5 thousand meters.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 08:17:14 AM »
yup it's amusing.  world of tanks also has better graphics.  then again you also have tanks that disappear in front of you 100 meters away in the open.  and a thousand other amusing facts including the one where the map is only like 1.5k meters by 1.5 thousand meters.

semp

Weird has never happened to me so far. The map size doesn't also matter with graphics, the client draws only visible distance and nothing beyond that.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 09:10:38 AM »
Weird has never happened to me so far. The map size doesn't also matter with graphics, the client draws only visible distance and nothing beyond that.

really you played wot and you have never had a tank appear in front of you 100 meters away out in the open?  imagine if ah can only draw in distances of 1.5k.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 10:21:46 AM »
really you played wot and you have never had a tank appear in front of you 100 meters away out in the open?  imagine if ah can only draw in distances of 1.5k.

semp

Yeah they never appear in any other way than what the game mechanics have been built for. Once you spot them, they appear. Players can use terrain, crew settings and paid perks to increase camoflage that makes detection harder.