Author Topic: No country dar  (Read 4681 times)

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
Re: No country dar
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »
Apparently not cuz they're using this map's weaknesses to pork HQ to enable milk runs.

dropping HQ has nothing to do with milk running,it has more to do with initiating an offense or to relieve pressure on a front.

some of us play the game to capture fields and perhaps win the war,some of us would say if you want to furball go to DA

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »

dropping HQ has nothing to do with milk running,it has more to do with initiating an offense or to relieve pressure on a front.

some of us play the game to capture fields and perhaps win the war,some of us would say if you want to furball go to DA

Since when the ability to attack remote fields undetected is not connected to milk running?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2014, 01:06:11 PM »
Apparently not cuz they're using this map's weaknesses to pork HQ to enable milk runs.

Dead dar would not be so bad on a map with far fewer than one base per player.   The sheer scope of these maps combined with the numbers playing makes at LEAST some dar necessary to find the battle.

you ever played in midwar?  you can get a lot of perks just by dropping a few bombs, way more than you will earn in the ma.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »

Some of us enjoy putting rounds into A20s.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »

Lol.   Okay, everyone, you heard the man.   If you want to dogfight stay out of the MA.

:rolleyes:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2014, 01:53:40 PM »
you ever played in midwar?  you can get a lot of perks just by dropping a few bombs, way more than you will earn in the ma.

semp

I am sure.  But the "status" arena is still the MA LW.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »
Since when the ability to attack remote fields undetected is not connected to milk running?

Exactly.  My squaddies are experts at base taking.   Radar is not even a concern.  In fact, it helps us stir things up which we enjoy.  Taking down the enemy HQ is never even a thought...
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »

Exactly.  My squaddies are experts at base taking.   Radar is not even a concern.  In fact, it helps us stir things up which we enjoy.  Taking down the enemy HQ is never even a thought...

so,when you're squad takes a base,you do it without dropping the radar tower,ords bunkers,FH/VH/BH.  ? so in other words,the base is full 100% intact right ?  :rolleyes:

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2014, 02:46:50 PM »
Some of us enjoy putting rounds into A20s.

some perhaps,but most end up in tower trying  :neener:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2014, 03:01:48 PM »

so,when you're squad takes a base,you do it without dropping the radar tower,ords bunkers,FH/VH/BH.  ? so in other words,the base is full 100% intact right ?  :rolleyes:

Learn to read, bubba.   Context is everything.   Sometimes the LOCAL radar is the last thing we hit.  HQ dar is never a consideration.  

What's with all the carriage returns to end each post? Is that a twitch?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:04:11 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2014, 03:19:26 PM »
A different result to destroying the HQ could be to:

1) Halt all strategic object repair time regardless of the health of the corresponding strat factory. For example, when the HQ is down, the downtime for AAA guns will be full even though the AAA base may be at 73%. Normal downtime as a function of the AAA factory health will resume once the HQ is repaired. The downside is this would create a strategic bottle neck affecting all strategic factories and thus all fields; the upside is that it only lasts as long as the HQ is disabled and players will not be encumbered to blindly find a fight.
 -or-
2) All radar forms are disabled for players in flight, but still function for players in the tower (as long as radar towers are not destroyed). This setting is possible, but I don't know if it can be linked to the HQ health and changed while the arena is in play.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2014, 03:23:16 PM »
 @ Vraciu

you obviously havent been playing long enuf to understand the game dynamics    :rolleyes:
 would love to know the name of your squad,so that i can follow you're ways and teach mine the "expert at base taking" techniques you know so well  :salute

~

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
@ Vraciu

you obviously havent been playing long enuf to understand the game dynamics    :rolleyes:
 would love to know the name of your squad,so that i can follow you're ways and teach mine the "expert at base taking" techniques you know so well  :salute

~

You obviously haven't played the game long enough to do a search.

(Insert annoying carriage return spamming here.)

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
 kinda hard to do a search on my phone,but hey maybe when i get home.

%
&

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »
kinda hard to do a search on my phone,but hey maybe when i get home.

%
&

:rolleyes:

?
!
@
&
$

”KILLER V”
The Damned