Author Topic: JOUSTING! (Or learning how to shoot people down, first-pass, at the merge)  (Read 4082 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: JOUSTING! (Or learning how to shoot people down, first-pass, at the merge)
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »
:lol

Most enjoyable.  Especially given about half those who have posted I have been HO'ed by (successfully and unsuccessfully) in the past.

So remember, kiddies...HOs are not OK....except when they are.  :)  :aok
Are they on Youtube? Then they don't count :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2014, 02:59:09 AM »

100% troll, nothing more, nothing less.

Excuse me, but in light of your remarks on this topic, I think you really ought to address what appears to be an unprovoked attempted HO on the merge by you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rnltr2sb7oszo1/109K4I16Ratascreenie_1750.ahf

The Damned BAT in the AH Belfry

"You don't have any special powers"
"Oh I have one...I NEVER give up"-The Batman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2014, 03:23:19 AM »
You're late.. again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX1NkrGE5c0

really good thread on this.. but I failed to find it.. 8)
watched it again...still hilarious. Found this old video too...not enough tators chuckers around anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdT6isL6gPk&list=UU3MoFVoYnhw3a1no3_jPqPQ
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2014, 03:30:46 AM »
Excuse me, but in light of your remarks on this topic, I think you really ought to address what appears to be an unprovoked attempted HO on the merge by you.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rnltr2sb7oszo1/109K4I16Ratascreenie_1750.ahf

Oh be quiet BoneZ.  I mean Batmannn.  I mean.....
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2014, 03:32:10 AM »

100% troll, nothing more, nothing less.

This.

It would be a lot easier to take the OP at his word if he didn't ridicule his victims and/or make excuses every time he gets his rear end shot off...   Judging by 200 he is always AFK or being ganged 5:1 when he dies.    *eyeroll*

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:33:54 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2014, 03:55:19 AM »
Oh be quiet BoneZ.  I mean Batmannn.  I mean.....
Alas, from things like this I see the paranoia has taken your mind completely. For this I am truly sorry.

Be quiet? Why? You never were, here or on 200. Even when friends, people who unlike some didn't treat you like a mangy dog simply for being a new player and existing, were gently urging you to reign it in a bit. You haven't changed your behaviors of course, you've just pointed them in a different direction while flying with a different tag at the end of your name. So with typical AH hypocrisy and lack of objectivity these behaviors are now supposedly acceptable.

*sigh* Have fun cuddling up with the same high-school clique mentalities who only a short time ago were all too happy to mock you unprovoked, label you a "coward", a liar, and worse.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:17:48 AM by Iamtheknight »

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2014, 04:28:54 AM »
I'm confused a little...I'm sure that you stated in another thread that you found there to be no or very lacking competition within AH and yet you don't actually want competition at all... The only person you are competing against is yourself....you say above that you could see they were looking to set up for an angles fight which inevitably could turn into a competitive turn fight using all the (and more than real sometimes) abilities of the aircraft you have chosen for the sortie and yet you want to take the sucker punch because it looks better on the score card....
sure it does in one respect...but in another it means jack within the over all game dynamic that is AH... if score really matters there are others that will keep a lifetime achievement score... You are totally driven by  score and ...in reality a very small part of an over all scoring system.... so this must mean from my unskilled, bad grammatical, summation that you you need a chest to pin it to.....

Don't get me wrong...as it is said it is your $15.... but AH has never been a typical arcadish style fighter game to me which is what kept me wanting to log in more and more.... this is not the case these days... it is a shame from my perspective (numbers could be a factor here though...the majority staying are..well.... not my people so to speak)

Out of curiosity...how many other flight sims have you been/are a part of.

Oh yes...Hoin when being jumped on by 4 other cons is a different kettle of fish....

My sentiments too Tongs, Must be a Southern Hemisphere thing.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »
I think I must be an old Dinosaur.

You're not alone.  That the troll stirred up so much support makes me feel even older...Puts me in mind of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAFdZRRAFk

- oldman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2014, 08:15:50 AM »

*sigh* Have fun cuddling up with the same high-school clique mentalities who only a short time ago were all too happy to mock you unprovoked, label you a "coward", a liar, and worse.

This smacks of Loser-in-high-school syndrome which seems to be highly contagious and running rampant lately.  How perfect

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2014, 08:58:42 AM »
Loser-in-high-school syndrome which seems to be highly contagious and running rampant lately.
Coming from a lead promoter of silly video game "machismo", this is pretty funny. On second thought, Peaked-In-Highschool-Syndrome seems a more likely origin for that sort.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:05:46 AM by Iamtheknight »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2014, 09:03:52 AM »
So how bout that Uniform Rule Code gentlemen?  :D
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2014, 09:18:32 AM »
Coming from a lead promoter of silly video game "machismo", this is pretty funny. On second thought, Peaked-In-Highschool-Syndrome seems a more likely origin for that sort.  ;)
(Image removed from quote.)

And you rise above the ad hominem so well.  Thanks for making mah point. :D. You manage to wade around in the muck with the people you call pigs just fine.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:20:42 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2014, 09:24:52 AM »
Vraciu and yourself are the ones who chose to take the discussion down that road. I can be fired upon but not fire back? Makes sense, that is also how certain hypocrites want it when it comes to HOs.  :D

And you rise above the ad hominem so well.  Thanks for making mah point. :D. You manage to wade around in the muck with the people you call pigs just fine.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2014, 09:34:46 AM »
Skyyr seems to be going through all of the stages of The Beginners 101 course:

Cutting engine - doesn't work

Putting gear down- doesn't work

Trying to get the best HO shot- doesn't work

Trying to act dominant on the BBs when you really don't know jack about the overall game yet- doesn't work

The only thing I've heard so far from the duels I've heard about are how using this " front quarter shot" is pretty much your only cheap effective technique when you both turn back in after the merge or you go for the  E rope maneuver and BnZ the rest of the fight.

Sounds like such a fun and exhilerating match for all involved.  :rolleyes:

Grannit, I'll give you some acknowledgment of your progress so far and 2v2s- you have the passion.  Even I did all these things when I first started. But I learned real quick there are much more effective techniques, that is why this is so funny.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:38:30 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion