Author Topic: TRACKIR  (Read 4457 times)

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
Re: TRACKIR
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »
Oh yah dead band in the middle that sounds like a good idea.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
Really the trick to trackir is learning to use the profile editor. If you just jump in using the default aces high profile you're probably going to find it irritating. I should post some screensots of my profile settings.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »
Fugitive did up a zip file of a bunch of peoples' profiles, might be of use to someone if they're having trouble and are looking for some samples they can tweak.

Here

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 03:35:25 PM »
A few comments:

*  I've used both and can say I'd give a slight nod to TrackIR over FreeTrack.  Very slight.

*  Do yourself a favor and get an active IR headset when using either TrackIR or FreeTrack as they are far more acurate than using the reflective clip that comes with TrackIR.  

* That said, DON'T buy TrackIR's ProClip...it is a cheap, flimsy hunk of garbage you WILL end up breaking and fixing with glue....often.  Instead, go buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331296415386#ht_5570wt_1186

The "Delanclip" works with either TrackIR or FreeTrack. It is sturdy, well made and costs about the same as the TrackIR Pro Clip.  Best flight sim related purchase I've made in a while.  :aok
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »
Why don't you give this a try in the meantime to see if you like it:

http://www.free-track.net/english/

Just buy Track IR its essential for AH

Nrshida is a gypo and wont buy one :rofl

There is nothing wrong with the pro clip, if you break it you are a retard who cannot look after your toys
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 06:11:39 PM »
The "Delanclip" works with either TrackIR or FreeTrack. It is sturdy, well made and costs about the same as the TrackIR Pro Clip.  Best flight sim related purchase I've made in a while.  :aok

Thanks for this.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »
does anyone use freetrack?
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 06:56:48 PM »
Does anyone have any films using TrackIR, I am curious to see how it works in the game and see if it is worth me saving money for?

thanks
ab8aac/dmdchief

I hate it.  Gives me vertigo or something--like looking through wavy lenses or a fishbowl even--because the head movement isn't in line with the screen's.  Barely move and it will turn all the way.   If you tone down the movement to more closely match then you have to contort to look behind you.    I am in the minority here, but I cannot stand it.   Yet when you see videos of people who use it I see the advantages and sure am jealous of their ability to adapt to it.

I am told I have to force myself to use it for thirty days and I will never go back.    Just can't get myself to that point...

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 06:59:24 PM »
I couldn't get the hang of shooting properly with having to sit up to look over the nose.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTv4y63JheY

i had just gotten my trakir, i had way to much e chasing a guy trying to make it to ack.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 08:23:08 PM »
Does anyone have any films using TrackIR, I am curious to see how it works in the game and see if it is worth me saving money for?

thanks
ab8aac/dmdchief

All of the shots in this video use TrackIR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XscUWDeU-qg
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »

I built one and tested it. This is the write up I did on it

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,223422.0.html

The pictures aren't there..... it wasn't very pretty anyway  :D but it did work well. I have since bought the TrackIR but Im not using it right now. I have a horrible aim and decided to work on that. With a lot of help from Bustr, Morph and many other also pouring over many films I can now keep my hit% in the 5-6 range and am pretty happy with that. It may be time to turn the old TrackIR back on.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 10:47:24 PM »
I hate it.  Gives me vertigo or something--like looking through wavy lenses or a fishbowl even--because the head movement isn't in line with the screen's.  Barely move and it will turn all the way.   If you tone down the movement to more closely match then you have to contort to look behind you.    I am in the minority here, but I cannot stand it.   Yet when you see videos of people who use it I see the advantages and sure am jealous of their ability to adapt to it.

I am told I have to force myself to use it for thirty days and I will never go back.    Just can't get myself to that point...

Sounds like you just need to work on your profile.  I only have to turn my head about 20% to get full rear view. you can also add some dead band, and scaling to dampen the movements.

I couldn't imagine flying without it now !

a few tips,

Uncheck "Y" axis
             Uncheck "trueview"
             Limit "rotation" to 180
             map a Joystick button for recenter. (I use button "C" on my X52)
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2014, 02:08:29 AM »
Nrshida is a gypo and wont buy one :rofl

D'ya like dags?

I had both TrackIR and Freetrack. I sent my TrackIR to another AH player because I got motion sickness and then gave Freetrack a go when I read about some profile setups, figuring if I limited the axes it might help. I think some people will always get motion sickness because the head movement doesn't match the visual cues.

Good idea to try the free one first just in case. Inflight sick bags are ridiculous when you are sitting still at home.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234