Author Topic: TRACKIR  (Read 4423 times)

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
Re: TRACKIR
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »
thanks fugitive I have an IR5 in shipment at this time supposed to be here tomorrow or the next day, thanks
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:33 AM »
thanks fugitive I have an IR5 in shipment at this time supposed to be here tomorrow or the next day, thanks

Did you get the reflective clip or the led clip (pro)?  I use the former, and it works fine as long as the room is dark, but wished I had went with the pro version
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »
It came with the pro.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2014, 03:51:13 PM »
Ok folks I got it in and installed but need help adjusting it.  If I turn my head to the right it goes way past 180 but only about 3/4 of the way if I turn to the left.  I can not see behind me as it looks at the seat and I can't seem to move away from it even in p51.  Anyone that help with the profile setup it would be greatly appreciated.  Oh and I would also like to know how you map the pause to a button on the ch throttle I saw someone somewhere had done that.

thanks
ab8aac/dmdchief

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2014, 05:46:30 PM »
TrackIR Center is one of the key binding choices in AH in the views menu.

You have to spend some time adjusting the camera while checking the results in the camera window. Make sure the LEDs aren't blocked by your full range of physical movement in your chair.

Scaling the axis will help with looking behind you.

I can't post my profile now but there are other threads with linked profiles.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 02:35:08 AM »
Ok folks I got it in and installed but need help adjusting it.  If I turn my head to the right it goes way past 180 but only about 3/4 of the way if I turn to the left.  I can not see behind me as it looks at the seat and I can't seem to move away from it even in p51.  Anyone that help with the profile setup it would be greatly appreciated.  Oh and I would also like to know how you map the pause to a button on the ch throttle I saw someone somewhere had done that.

thanks
ab8aac/dmdchief

I'll send you a copy of my profile if you wish.  Just provide your email address via PM.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2014, 11:51:58 PM »
Here's a link to a profile for the TrackClipPro. Roll and trueview are not checked. I set speed to 3 and smoothing to 30.

TrackIR Profile

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 01:45:06 AM »
It takes ages to set up and get used to :)

Be careful of track pro not to break it :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »
I unchecked the Y axis and it made a huge improvement in my gunnery. It's still not very good though. Was does the true view actually do?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 03:35:11 PM »
... Was does the true view actually do?

Trueview moves your head as you turn it. Without trueview your head just pivots.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »
The "Delanclip" works with either TrackIR or FreeTrack. It is sturdy, well made and costs about the same as the TrackIR Pro Clip.  Best flight sim related purchase I've made in a while.

thanks for the link, I like the metal construction.

I'm on my second ProClip, first one lasted 14 months. The catch broke when I was putting it on a new headset. Plastic electrical tape to care of the problem.

LtngRydr

LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
yup you gotta bind "pause" and "center" to a joystick button.  do it from the trakir program. in the left middle where it says "hot key's".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 01:08:08 PM »
Another tip.  Once you have trackir working diddle with the FOV setting since you have a good view of the instrument panel.  On the P-38 as an example, the FOV auto setting is 106 on my machine but I get a clearer view of the gauges using 102.    It slides up a little closer to a proper head position to the front screen.  It just looks more real.  You might have to alter your head position while adjusting the FOV as well.

On the other hand I did not find it useful to alter the FOV on the P-47 bubble tops.  The point is not all plane will benefit from a FOV change but it is interesting to change the setting.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 02:14:14 PM »
I unchecked the Y axis and it made a huge improvement in my gunnery. It's still not very good though. Was does the true view actually do?
Trueview moves your head as you turn it. Without trueview your head just pivots.

I thought (and experienced it) that it controls how your head moves while looking backwards. Let's say you want to check your 7 O'Clock, so you turn your head left, then lean to the right... while looking backwards with TrueView off, your game head will slide left (because to the sensor you are moving to ITS left); with it turned on, your game head will slide right (because it now knows it's looking at the back of your game head and you're sliding to YOUR right..
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »

I thought (and experienced it) that it controls how your head moves while looking backwards. Let's say you want to check your 7 O'Clock, so you turn your head left, then lean to the right... while looking backwards with TrueView off, your game head will slide left (because to the sensor you are moving to ITS left); with it turned on, your game head will slide right (because it now knows it's looking at the back of your game head and you're sliding to YOUR right..

Do you have Track IR Object Relative Move checked in AH view preferences? I could be mixed up but what I described is easy to see on the TIR setup screen.