Author Topic: Sayōnara  (Read 1952 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Sayōnara
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
It's absolutely fascinating for me to look back over the five years I've played this game. This was my first flight simulator, my first MMOG and my first forum. I've met and duelled some of the best players in this game. Have snatched, in my own humble way, the pebbles from the hand of the dogfighting masters and have learned a tremendous amount about ACM, interaction and especially myself. I've met some extra-ordinary people, the weak, the strong, the insecure, the aggressive, the chivalrous, the self-aware, the skilled and the petty. I've seen the worst and best of people through this virtual environment. It's just an inescapable feeling I have, it's my time to go I can feel it.

I'd like to thank those notable people who have made my AH journey so interesting I'm sorry if I miss anyone's name, there have been so many: MerlinVI, Moot, Kazaa, MickyD, Bruv119, Pervert, DrBone, Joachim, Krupinski, Redbull, all of the Raw Prawns. My friends and brothers in The GFC. Debrody, Bighorn, and Kappa. Strip, CrackR, 20mmRain, Roultox, Hlbly, Slimmer, all of the Spixteen jockeys at the furball lake, Copprhed, F77, Revrand, Dolby, Mitsu-san, Coombzy, Morfiend, and all of The Army of Muppets (with whom I have so much in common except for our Timezone!).

It feels strange to remain hanging around the forum so I will be asking Skuzzy to lock this account at the end of the Beta testing to which I committed to participate in. I will try and maintain the resources I have uploaded for as long as possible, especially in the epic Westland Whirlwind wishlist thread and my joystick repair tutorials.

Thanks for all the good fights. Best regards.

<Salute>

nrshida.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sayōnara
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
:(
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
bye.  Sorry to hear you are leaving. the forums just got  a little less interesting. I'll miss you trolling Arlo.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »
huge loss to the game sir.  My best to you in all future endeavors
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 01:24:03 PM »
More bad news for those of us for whom stats make no difference. More of the real fun leaving the game and the forum. Pretty soon there will only be personality tests and trolls to get more people to become useless hotards. =S= Sensei, I will truly miss you.    :salute
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »
I hope you'll stick around or at least check in on us from time to time as a contributing member of the forum.  I've respected you as a player of the game and practitioner of ACM, dating back to my first days in the DA furball lake (before I gave up on that scene).  But more importantly, I've always appreciated the balance you bring to the forum as a voice of reason.  It would be an even bigger loss to see that leave the community as well.

Please keep your forum account, and remain, even if it is only occasionally looking and lurking.  It would be nice to hear from you from time to time though.   Besides, if I am ever going to be in your part of the world, I want to be sure I can contact you.  I remember offering to buy you a pint (of beer) once, which we revised to a root-beer  ;) and I hope to honor that commitment someday!

Good luck in all your endeavors and be well, sir.

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 02:21:59 PM »
Enjoy your time out - you'll be back nrshida. We always do.

Until next time <S>
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »
 :salute

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »
And so we lose yet another top stick, personality, and mentor in Aces High.

:salute Shida, had some outstanding times flying with and against you.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »
 :salute Nrshida gonna miss fighting you mate, another player in it purely for the fight gone from my timezone window. I a bit pissed that you leaving but completely understand the need to walk away from it, I left for a while and it did me the world of good to my attitude to the game and in turn my motivation for flying the cartoon skies.

I'm glad I just hovered above that last fight between you and threeup and just filmed it all (if I knew it was gonna be your last fight ever I would have jumped in and picked your arse lmao) JK.

Deadstikmac has offered to edit the film for me. Hope you stick around on the forums long enough to watch "Nrshidas last stand"

:salute Beer  :cheers:
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 04:18:49 PM »
I have no idea about your personal situation.  After reading your posts over the years and observing your willingness to be part of the community it will be a real loss.

I believe Aces High will turn a corner in the near future.  I'm going to stick around for the next evolution which will take the game beyond the much-needed graphics upgrade.  I don't have any special knowledge, but I am convinced of the commitment at HiTech Creations and believe changes are coming that will effect game-play.  It might even take Aces High to a place none of us currently envision.

When I look at the alternatives to Aces High I'm troubled.  In my case, I'm older and I don't have much use for a Russia whose leaders could easily 'nationalize' their web businesses for political leverage and not blink an eye about it.  If they want my credit card number, I can wait for them to steal it from an American retailer (a joke - only smaller).

I'm going to stay active and pay for two accounts to support that development effort, because my circumstances will allow it.  No matter what is in your future, I hope you come back or at least hang the forums.

Kiosukete!

Ratsy

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 04:40:34 PM »
 :cry

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 04:49:24 PM »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
The Few ***
F.P.H