Author Topic: Weird Graphics Setting Issue  (Read 1514 times)

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
Re: Weird Graphics Setting Issue
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 08:38:14 AM »
Wow I guess you never cleaned that thing off.... ever :bolt:
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 08:53:23 AM »
Glad you found the issue!

:banana: :aok

Wow I guess you never cleaned that thing off.... ever :bolt:

:lol No I never even removed the cover before.  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »
That sure looked gross! As a side note, hadn't you mentioned it's a macbook, I would have guessed it's a HP Envy! Just opened one the other day and the inside layout is surprisingly similar. Had to google for it to be sure...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 01:39:17 PM »
Try disabling non-essential backgroung processes before running the game. I always disable my antivirus and firewall also. Makes a big difference for me.

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 09:46:39 PM »
My graphics had similar weirdness right before my video card failed.

Offline Dicedealer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 03:45:50 PM »
My video card did fail on me. I had to go back to the onboard video card for now. It holds frame rates surprisingly well avg. of about 50-59 however when I fly around smoke and fire it just dumps into the teens. Does anyone have any tips on video settings to help until I decide to replace the card or computer. I noticed that the video resolution is still 1920x1200 I believe that's what it was prior to the video card going out. It does show that its using the onboard chipset, and the video card has been removed from computer. Thanks for any help, I've never had to mess with any video settings at all so I'm very unsure of changing anything.   

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »
Dealer, try Waffle's tips: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,231506.0.html. You might want to decrease some values even lower than the defaults to start with. If you're running an Intel onboard chip, be prepared for strange behaviour. Anyway, crank everything down and work your way up to the level you feel comfortable with. One hint: Leave the Environment mapping to "none".
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 03:59:37 PM »
When you start the game and the clipboard first comes up, instead of clicking on "on line arenas" click on "video settings". On the anti-alison be sure it is set to "none" and the texture size drop one setting lower. If its 512 go to 256. Try the game again and see how your FR are. if better and you can live with it your all set.

Other things you can do is IN the game check the graphics setting. Start turning stuff off or slide sliders to "faster" to help cut back on graphic so your computer has an easier time keeping up.

Offline Dicedealer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 08:48:41 AM »
Its set to 1024 in default mode will reducing this help? and if so will it be a noticeable change?...I have moved the slider to fastest setting and gotten rid of plane skins etc....any other tips would help....Someone is supposed to be sending me a video card, I understand that almost any video card is better then onboard. From what Ive heard in the game I have higher framerates then some players with vid cards, so I guess im lucky to have it this good for now. It holds up very well untuil Im around smoke and fire. Crashes a perk plane trying to land on a carrier that was burning yesterday with 3 kills (very unusual for me) the 3 kills that is.   

Offline Dicedealer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 08:54:01 AM »
I tried reducing whats running in the background of my PC also...its extremely hard to find out what you really need to be running since every PC setup is different. It seems I have a lot running in the background. It takes a lot of time researching what you need and disabling things one at a time...when im on I wanna play dammit!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 10:01:20 AM »
Go to blackviper.com He has a got list of what you can and what you shouldn't turn off.

Drop the texture to 512 and then try the game. You may not see much of a difference,  but if it gives you better frame rates, all to the good.