Author Topic: Joystick  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Joystick
« on: September 05, 2014, 03:07:09 PM »
Has anyone have any experience with the Saitek
X55 HOTAS? If so, any advice?
RAM
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Joystick
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:13:33 PM »
I currently have the Rhino and I love it... what questions do you want to know about???

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »
Another Rhino owner checking in.  :)
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:54:10 PM »
Me too.
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »
     Ive recently purchased this set up to replace my CH units ,I  plugged  them into a powered USB  HUB and used AH to calibrate and map it  out .
 The only time consuming part was allocating all the options that I have , Love the set up , would by this just for the throttle set up alone . For me it was a good choice for the money .  :aok

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 11:32:20 AM »
For all the CH lovers that are concerned about build quality you should take note that when you get a Rhino with bad build quality you then truly have a paper-weight that won't weigh down paper.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »
For all the CH lovers that are concerned about build quality you should take note that when you get a Rhino with bad build quality you then truly have a paper-weight that won't weigh down paper.
Yup.

The Rhino simply becomes a nice looking fancy paperweight if it has poor build quality..... (doesn't every stick?)

But here's the deal.... I have yet to see a Rhino with poor build quality.  :lol  :lol

And the Rhino is incredibly light.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »
Has Saitek fixed the calibration issue? I've owned the X45, X52 and 3 or 4 twisty's. All of them had calibration issues between 6 - 12 months of use.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »
But here's the deal.... I have yet to see a Rhino with poor build quality.  :lol  :lol

Yes, but you are implying you have seen more than one for some reason?

Customer reviews disagree with you when 38% of reviews are negative and focus upon Quality Assurance (QA). A 30% negative is terrible for a product that costs $200.

CH on the other hand still enjoys a 15% negative review rate. This is high for CH, which is why CH customers have been complaining, but still far lower than the other manufacturers.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 10:24:25 AM »
Then just based on x55 ownership you should have had one bad x55 posting here on AH.

btw the 200 bucks you pay for the is still less then the 300 you are forced to pay for ch hardware.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »
That would be true if everyone that plays AH actually posts on the forums, yet they do not.

Twist functions don't really count for rudder control semp, so you still have to spend the extra $100.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 11:41:40 AM »

btw the 200 bucks you pay for the is still less then the 300 you are forced to pay for ch hardware.

semp

Let's see...3 Cyborgs, 1 ST290, 1 X45, 1 X52...there's your $300 and everyone of them hit the trash in less than a year except my first Cyborg Gold, which lasted almost 2 years. Did I mention the Saitek peds that locked up constantly after less than a year?  :furious 

My Fighterstick, Pro Peds & throttle are going on 10 yrs with no issues other than replacement pots for the stick, which someone sent me F.O.C.  :aok. Thank you Zestorer  :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
Let's see...3 Cyborgs, 1 ST290, 1 X45, 1 X52...there's your $300 and everyone of them hit the trash in less than a year except my first Cyborg Gold, which lasted almost 2 years. Did I mention the Saitek peds that locked up constantly after less than a year?  :furious 

My Fighterstick, Pro Peds & throttle are going on 10 yrs with no issues other than replacement pots for the stick, which someone sent me F.O.C.  :aok. Thank you Zestorer  :salute

3 chfightersticks 2 went in the trash 1 I gave away.   my x52 never failed me.   x55 is way more accurate than any of the fightersticks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 07:07:31 PM »

No worries...glad I could help out a fellow AH pilot.  :)
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »
Almost got your name right  :bhead