Author Topic: Pistol question  (Read 1733 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pistol question
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2014, 10:39:33 PM »
because most guys who breaks into houses are crazed drugged up moros.  I dont think the size of the gun matters but more the what you feel comfortable with.

for example I took my gf to buy a 9mm handgun but the sales person keep pushing the 357 as it had more stopping power.  when I explained that she didnt feel comfortable with the 357, he still kept pushing it.  finally we walked out without buying anything.

I think you should just get what you feel comfortable with.  what's the point of having the biggest gun if after the first shot you are gonna be shooting up into the ceiling. or perhaps you hesitate because you know you cant handle the recoil.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TEXAS20

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 12:52:53 PM »
Do any of you guys own a Bond Arms 45/410 derringer?  If so are you happy with it?

I've been looking at getting another gun for a little while now and I've never owned or really been interested in pistols.  I've been considering getting one of these derringers because of their small size and large ammunition.

I bought one to keep in my bull dozer when clearing brush. Great little pistol for killing snakes. It works great for that! Bird shot isn't too bad but .45 long colt and buckshot sucks!  I would think long and hard before carrying this for self defense. IMHO There are plenty of better suited pistols on the market.
The rules are simple:  Don't be a dick.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 01:02:05 PM »
because most guys who breaks into houses are crazed drugged up moros.  I dont think the size of the gun matters but more the what you feel comfortable with.

for example I took my gf to buy a 9mm handgun but the sales person keep pushing the 357 as it had more stopping power.  when I explained that she didnt feel comfortable with the 357, he still kept pushing it.  finally we walked out without buying anything.

I think you should just get what you feel comfortable with.  what's the point of having the biggest gun if after the first shot you are gonna be shooting up into the ceiling. or perhaps you hesitate because you know you cant handle the recoil.

semp

Smart move. You're more likely to live when she shoots you accidentally with the 9mm  :devil
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 02:44:10 PM »

semp

He didnt explain the .357 can also shoot .38 spl's which have a plethora of loads and bullet types available for it? Many which are perfect for a new shooter/Lady. Revolvers are also simpler machines then semi's and a wheel gun in .38 would be perfect for your GF. Eventually, after enough practice, she might be ready to load the full .357 125 JHPs. And any bad guy you hit with one of those is most likely not getting up.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"