Author Topic: The current state of the alpha testing.  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: The current state of the alpha testing.
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 12:08:10 AM »
nope what we really need is Pink mean p39 flying inverted between the town buildings shooting its 37mm

Nah.  You just saw some obsession over a pink Spitty.    Scary stuff.   :O
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 04:11:18 AM »
I just noticed that the tank tracks don't move, just the wheels do

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »
Oh, I could tell you a hundred things wrong or incomplete in that video, if that is what you want.

It is the first video, of the first time the game has been brought up with the new graphics engine and art.  It is a simple, "here is where we are today" video.  Of course it is not complete.  We have many things left to do.

We have no expectations from the community on this.  We are just making the effort to keep those who are not participating in the Alpha testing, abreast of the status.

The Alpha testers have been doing a bang up job in working with us.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2014, 09:42:32 AM »
The hills look a lot better!   :aok
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2014, 10:13:34 AM »
Looks great, but just seems to be lacking....something........h mm I don't know...

warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
The hills look a lot better!   :aok

the hills look awesome.  a much more realistic looking terrain.   :aok

simply put ,  :x

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »
Oh, I could tell you a hundred things wrong or incomplete in that video, if that is what you want.

It is the first video, of the first time the game has been brought up with the new graphics engine and art.  It is a simple, "here is where we are today" video.  Of course it is not complete.  We have many things left to do.

We have no expectations from the community on this.  We are just making the effort to keep those who are not participating in the Alpha testing, abreast of the status.

The Alpha testers have been doing a bang up job in working with us.

Ya don't give a bone, they whine. Ya give a bone, they whine. Ingrate mongrels.  :D

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:14:10 AM by Skuzzy »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2014, 01:22:09 PM »
Aces High is like appreciating scotch.

Even if you bus a group to the factory where a world famous scotch is distilled. Spend all day teaching them the process of going from barley, peat, distilling and aging. Then set up a tasting class that clearly shows them how to discern and appreciate the product from young to aged. Most will only be there in the hopes of catching a buzz. And the more buzz they catch, the less the care other than they want their buzz.

That's why you advertise your product so the buzz catchers pay the light bill, and the scotch fans enjoy the scotch.

Right now we are loosing buzz catchers. New product always attracts more buzz catchers while old scotch fans are never very far away. Soon Hitech will declare the new vat ready for prime time.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2014, 01:32:18 PM »
See Rule #4

They can't do everything at once, but I sure hope they ramp up remodeling the planes ASAP.  

My Unauthorized and Worthless Opinion of the Current Plane Set...

Planes That Look Good/Very Good:

A6M
B-239
F6F*
P-39
P-40
B-25
B-26
B-29
C-47
Hurri
Mossie
Typhoon
He-111
Ju-87
202/205
Ki-43
N1K
G4M1
I-16
Lanc
La-5/7
Yak
Il-2

* I would say the F6 is borderline Good/Dated

Planes That Look Dated:

F4U
P-38
P-47
P-51
B-17
B-24
Spit
Ki-84

Planes That Look Ancient:

F4F/FM2
A-20/Boston
SBD
TBM *
Tempest
Ju-88
Ki-61
B5N
D3A
Ki-67

* An updated TBM was shown a while back in that Ill-fated Advertisement HTC made.  Draw your own conclusions.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:14:35 AM by Skuzzy »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2014, 06:18:58 PM »

They can't do everything at once, but I sure hope they ramp up remodeling the planes ASAP. 

My Unauthorized and Worthless Opinion of the Current Plane Set...

Planes That Look Good/Very Good:

A6M
B-239
F6F*
P-39
P-40
B-25
B-26
B-29
C-47
Hurri
Mossie
Typhoon
He-111
Ju-87
202/205
Ki-43
N1K
G4M1
I-16
Lanc
La-5/7
Yak
Il-2

* I would say the F6 is borderline Good/Dated

Planes That Look Dated:

F4U
P-38
P-47
P-51
B-17
B-24
Spit
Ki-84

Planes That Look Ancient:

F4F/FM2
A-20/Boston
SBD
TBM *
Tempest
Ju-88
Ki-61
B5N
D3A
Ki-67

* An updated TBM was shown a while back in that Ill-fated Advertisement HTC made.  Draw your own conclusions.  ;)

Essentially, I'm under the impression there are FOUR categories of aircraft when it comes to graphics.  First, are the "ancient" models (Ki-61 "Tony").  They are evidently from the original batch.  Second, are the "AH2" era.  Third, are those AH2 era planes that have had their cockpit internals upgraded to the top of the line graphics (P51's, Spits, etc).  Forth, are the top of the line best of the best that HTC has to offer (F6F, Typhoon, Zekes, P40's, etc).

I'm sure someone will comment further on that subject more in depth.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2014, 08:29:33 PM »
Nah.  You just saw some obsession over a pink Spitty.    Scary stuff.   :O

Not at all.  "Pink" isn't a color which typically is attractive to the primary target audience i.e. men.  

Thanks for displaying your own particular obsession.  Again.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2014, 01:58:28 AM »
The only real distinction you can make with AH's 3D models is the AH1 and AH2 stuff. The AH1 models were designed for the hardware of the time, with very low poly counts and for low res art (256 by 256 IIRC). They have lots of issues that make them a pain to skin including patched, stretched, distorted or duplicated areas and they also lack things like material files, bump and spec maps.

While the AH2 era skins have improved in poly count over the years and recently for bombers in resolution, they are all fundamentally the same to skin. They all have little or no stretching or duplication of the major external parts and all have bump and spec maps etc.

I don't know but I'd guess HTC will probably work through all the AH1 stuff (the "ancient" list) before redoing any of the earliest AH2 shapes. Once the graphics update is done that will probably be a couple of years work at the present rate, depending on how many new rides are also introduced.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2014, 11:06:22 AM »
Not at all.  "Pink" isn't a color which typically is attractive to the primary target audience i.e. men.  

Thanks for displaying your own particular obsession.  Again.

when I fly that model of Spitfire the only skin color I use is pink, matter of fact our whole squad will fly that color when we choose that model spit...
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2014, 12:08:25 PM »
when I fly that model of Spitfire the only skin color I use is pink, matter of fact our whole squad will fly that color when we choose that model spit...

And I own a pink tie ("bubble gum pink" as I like to call it), and its very stylish. But the target audience of the game is (primarily) male....and that color, like it or not, isn't typically associated with "war" or "conflict" and so would likely not resonate well as part of an advertisement. And yes,  l completely understand it is a historically accurate skin, but that is also beside the point.

Anywho...back to the alpha discussion.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.