Author Topic: ISIL in Australia - yea, Down under  (Read 4447 times)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Re: ISIL in Australia - yea, Down under
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 06:34:31 AM »
There was a protest of about 200 - with some who's houses were raided complaining how the police terrorised women and children - how they're innocent victims being targeted for no reason except their cultural/religous differences etc etc...

I feel for them - imagine that, being an innocent only targeted because of your religion or cultural difference - strangers terrorising women and children...

As soon as the US can undo the shackles of being politically correct, the sooner the like of ISIS/ISIL and other such vermin can be stomped.  Until then, the tip toe actions will just allow them to fester and swell like the infected wound they are.   

I read in the news that Kurdish fighters are starting to roll back IS forces because of the precision and power of US air strikes, but the things they are finding when they roll back into the villages make Saddam and his sons look G rated

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:39 AM »
If we destroyed the middle east, who would there be left to answer our calls to tech support?  :uhoh

The dirty Indians  :confused:

(No racism intended, if this offended you, visit the local doctor and have him write you a prescription for two testicles)

heck where would we get our oil from  :bolt:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »
This isn't going to go away until we get into the proper mental state of mind. When facng a force like this you cannot dissuade tehm with rhetoric, golf scores or threats. This force will not be stopped short of their inability to consume oxygen. Until and unless the decision is made to engage them at that level they will continue to be a blight on whatever portion of the world they infest. You do not reason with a deadly bug / snake, you kill it and keep it from reproducing.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 10:31:29 PM »
I like saying this less then anyone cause I have a kid in the service.

Its going to take boots on the ground to do it. That fact is like the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Everyone knows it but nobody wants to say it. Our allies, so called, in the region are just not up to it and your not going to win any war with just air strikes.

Now they scheme to kill the PM of one of our closest allies? Well that triggers a legal defense treaty. I have some experience in the region, less then some here, but while avoiding the "P" word I can tell you there is a way of thinking in this troubled part of the world that "if Im everyones friend then Im nobody's enemy". Folks there just want to survive and raise their kids in peace like we do.

Without a long term combat commitment by America and her allies I dont think we can win. We can probably manage it, as we have been doing for 40+ years, but I dont think we can win. We're going to have to call it a "War" and then act like it is! one.

This isn't going to go away until we get into the proper mental state of mind. When facng a force like this you cannot dissuade tehm with rhetoric, golf scores or threats. This force will not be stopped short of their inability to consume oxygen. Until and unless the decision is made to engage them at that level they will continue to be a blight on whatever portion of the world they infest. You do not reason with a deadly bug / snake, you kill it and keep it from reproducing.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:23 AM »
If we destroyed the middle east, who would there be left to answer our calls to tech support?  :uhoh

The dirty Indians  :confused:

(No racism intended, if this offended you, visit the local doctor and have him write you a prescription for two testicles)

Luckily, I don't think any Indians play this game, they are too busy praying and probably have no idea what an "airplane" is.

JK :D really. I'm not that arrogant
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:32:44 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 11:49:25 AM »
heck where would we get our oil from  :bolt:.

semp

The US, Canada, Central and South America.

We don't need their stinking over priced gas.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 02:49:52 PM »

Without a long term combat commitment by America and her allies I dont think we can win. We can probably manage it, as we have been doing for 40+ years, but I dont think we can win. We're going to have to call it a "War" and then act like it is! one.
Hate to say it, but with this fop at the helm I hold no positive views of any 'win'.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 05:32:23 PM »
Just remember John Kerry says 'Global climate change' is a greater threat than ISIL, and new research published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2014/09/16/1318371111.abstract suggest the past warming trend might be caused by change of wind currents. So all we need is for the 'wind bags' to put a cork in it.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »
Just remember John Kerry says 'Global climate change' is a greater threat than ISIL, and new research published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2014/09/16/1318371111.abstract suggest the past warming trend might be caused by change of wind currents. So all we need is for the 'wind bags' to put a cork in it.

With tens of thousands in us streets protesting climate change im sure the wind bags know where to blow.  :old:

after the last 13 years of war i would hope the Iraqis/Syrians would take the lead in fighting these guys, and hopefully the politics will not get in the way of a chance for the world to work together against those uncivilized murderers.  :bolt:

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 02:37:54 PM »
Maybe if American corporations are not there, ISIS would not exist. 

Remember the golden rule!  ;)
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 04:06:35 PM »
Canada has been there too...  they also need to watch their backs.... Basically if your country has stepped foot in theirs you are a potential target....
What is crazier...is that so many are crying about the spy games going on and the power they seem to have...but without what has always been (albeit they can access far more now)these small cells being found probably...no....most certainly would be more prevalent and able to actually carry out much more than they are presently able to....

Canada was issued warning the other day,all Canadians were told to increase their supply of snowballs just in case!    We have a super secret iceball in development,but thats all I can say on the subject ATM...... :noid

Canada was named as one of the countries of "disbelievers" yet we have a large Islamic community...... :rolleyes:

I'm not worried though,whats the worse they could do,cut down a few maple trees?

:salute

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 04:39:39 PM »
Canada was issued warning the other day,all Canadians were told to increase their supply of snowballs just in case!    We have a super secret iceball in development,but thats all I can say on the subject ATM...... :noid

Canada was named as one of the countries of "disbelievers" yet we have a large Islamic community...... :rolleyes:

I'm not worried though,whats the worse they could do,cut down a few maple trees?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:salute

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 10:08:06 PM »
I'm not worried though

I am.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »
I'm worried.

I live here.

And this goes beyond the usual "Muslims are bad mmkay" propaganda. That stuff is rehashed crap. There are plenty of good hardworking people who call god by the name of allah and never hurt a soul. The real issue is the continued agitation of the situation. They have gone from being a persecuted misunderstood minority to a very large, very radicalized group. Believing in a system that was not subject to the theistic reformations post Renaissance. We are talking about a literal medieval world view. And unless we take steps to reform it and at the same time wipe out the more extremist elements. We will get nowhere.

Asking someone to change their faith and then expecting them to comply is ridiculous. We can either work with them and try to integrate them into the modern world. Or we wage a war of annihilation until one side is completely eradicated.

To quote a very great man. "Speak softly, but wield a big stick". Is our only hope for peace.   
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2014, 12:11:56 AM »
I'm worried.

I live here.

And this goes beyond the usual "Muslims are bad mmkay" propaganda. That stuff is rehashed crap. There are plenty of good hardworking people who call god by the name of allah and never hurt a soul. The real issue is the continued agitation of the situation. They have gone from being a persecuted misunderstood minority to a very large, very radicalized group. Believing in a system that was not subject to the theistic reformations post Renaissance. We are talking about a literal medieval world view. And unless we take steps to reform it and at the same time wipe out the more extremist elements. We will get nowhere.

Asking someone to change their faith and then expecting them to comply is ridiculous. We can either work with them and try to integrate them into the modern world. Or we wage a war of annihilation until one side is completely eradicated.

To quote a very great man. "Speak softly, but wield a big stick". Is our only hope for peace.   

I find that the biggest cowards are the 1st willing to send our kids into a war.  I also find that the cowards on the other side are willing to send their kids into war in the name of some sort of extreme religious excuse: muslim, Christian and lets not forget the zionists. 

I know many people of Islamic backgrounds and I find them to be very decent and hardworking people who are culturally rich.  What our media did and continue to do to the image of muslims is shameful, which is why I don't watch the zio-media anymore.

CO Screaming Eagles