Author Topic: Aces High CD ROM  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Aces High CD ROM
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 12:44:36 AM »
I'd rather HTCs produce more posters than rewrite or copypasta the games instructions into a PDF.

My logic isn't that it's of no value, but when one uses the internet to download the game, they can use the internet (and the website and forum) to also learn anything about anything within or about the game.

On the other hand, if someone could produce a 2 - 5 page PDF explaining almost everything about the game one needed to know, please do send it off with game download.  But I suspect a satisfactory product would be 50 pages up.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 03:59:59 AM »
God I wish this game would sell a bunch. The sad thing is I recommend this game to all my friends but they aren't inclined to play it because of the steep learning curve and the monthly fee.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 06:07:01 AM »
God I wish this game would sell a bunch. The sad thing is I recommend this game to all my friends but they aren't inclined to play it because of the steep learning curve and the monthly fee.
I suppose it's not about the price, it's about having to pay. And having to learn. And not understanding this is a hobby instead of a no-brain pastime for odd moments. Hobbies always cost something, be it time, money, effort or whatever.

Recently I joined a guitar builder course in attempt to build a Thinline Tele. I've never done anything with electric woodworking tools. So mention I managed to get the big professional circular saw on fire - luckily I probably don't have to pay for it!  I also suppose the result will cost at least as much as a factory built one without any warranty about the quality.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 09:45:39 AM »
I'd rather HTCs produce more posters than rewrite or copypasta the games instructions into a PDF.

My logic isn't that it's of no value, but when one uses the internet to download the game, they can use the internet (and the website and forum) to also learn anything about anything within or about the game.

On the other hand, if someone could produce a 2 - 5 page PDF explaining almost everything about the game one needed to know, please do send it off with game download.  But I suspect a satisfactory product would be 50 pages up.
Yep, the game needs a manual. Whos's up for it?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 05:45:07 AM »
Yep, the game needs a manual. Whos's up for it?

We talking just basic or advanced stuff too?
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 06:11:26 AM »
Working on those.  We got the start on our channel already.  Working on the keyboard and stick mapping videos now.

Will they be in that gawdawful "check six" drone, or will some sweet thang with a honey-sweet voice whisper it to us?
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB