Author Topic: HQ and radar with low numbers  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: HQ and radar with low numbers
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 05:36:12 PM »
The danger is you can win the war but lose the game.

Bingo.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 05:37:42 PM »
Death song for AH... enjoy it while it lasts.

You are just crying wolf, they say.    Nevermind what their own eyes would tell them if they bothered to look.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »
HQ should be more difficult to take down or easier to resupply either way would solve the problem ...

Funny how you can't get within a mile of a CV without puffy ack giving you a pilot wound, but lumbering buffs over the HQ can do so without a worry.    :headscratch:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
......as the numbers continue to shrink. 

It is starting to feel like critical mass lately....
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 06:11:06 PM »
Bring back the mega strat system & place HQ dead in the middle. This will stop the single formation of Lancaster's flying NOE all the way to HQ & pulling the nose up at the last moment to down HQ.

The ring of flack towers on the mega strat system will at least force them higher much earlier.

Offline oldskool65

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 06:49:03 PM »
OK have a go at HQ bombers if you like but how many fighters does it take to kill lancs ?

I started playing AH because i was tired of the childish people on the ps3 spoiling the tactical side of war sims, it seems Ah is also going that way
Some of the changes suggested will drive away some of the established players especially those who specialize in strategic bombing
the best idea I've seen though is to make the ack more effective,as going higher means its only worth doing if your'e good enough !
Of course I'm right I'm British

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2014, 06:53:22 PM »
OK have a go at HQ bombers if you like but how many fighters does it take to kill lancs ?

One of the main problems is that on many maps you don't even have a chance to catch a NOE Lanc HQ raider before he's over HQ.

The target with the most disruptive effect of all AH should require a massive strike, and not a easy NOE run by a single player. The balance is off.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:58:51 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »
I agree with the OP and most of what everyone else has said about that.

So far as it goes, can anyone say when the last time HTC adjusted a major strat or rule function of the game?  I'd like to see a list of the last 3 if anyone has that info.

The point is, despite what players say about things, flaws pointed out, changes requested - it very rarely happens.  What happens instead is when something like this comes up, where a number of players all agree, a trend forms.  Then HTC spars with players on the BBS.  Then suspensions and PNGs happen when players continue to press their opinion.  Then the player base shrinks a fraction more.

This is the only game of it's kind out there.  Warbirds, Fighter Ace, AW - all gone, or might as well be gone.  Should the numbers not have been constantly increasing, not decreasing?  There are other games that cost a similar (exact) price with hundreds of thousands of players and subscribers, that aren't as old as this game, nor do they exist in an environment with no real competition.  So, what are the reasons the numbers are where they are at?

Of course, by Monday, this post will be #whatever'd, like most of the things HTC doesn't like to hear, but break no official rules.  The buck starts and stops with HTC - they are the only ones that can make changes, yet no changes have been forthcoming as the slide has continued over the last number of years.  What other options are there when your player base falls to half of what it was?  Change, or don't change.  But when "don't change" is the choice, blaming your customers and "their attitude" for the results is absolutely ridiculous.

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »
Im guessing by squeal you mean just to piss people off. Im guessing people do it during low numbers to pad their score with a relatively easy milkrun

But if the end result is people log off it doesnt matter.

During these hours you already have lower numbers. Why would you want to do or allow anything that causes them to drop even further?

I couldn't agree more!

Here in Australia this is peak flying time. That said having 60 people logged on is a treat for me because usually the numbers are much lower at that time of the day/night. Last night we were having a blast fighting the nits over tank/fireball island then some retard from the rook side took out knight HQ then bragged on 200 that he did it and then bailed from his buffs. Clearly just doing it to piss people off and troll about it.

The problem with that apart from his aholeness and trolling being detrimental to the game is that the knights that were fighting then logged taking away the best fights of the night.

So I guess my point is that HTC needs to put something in place to stop it happening, someone mentioned something about downed HQ having no effect with less than 100 logged on. That would be a good start.

I won't name the rook that did it in this post as it would breach rule 4 so I'll name him in the next post  :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:03:12 PM by Tracers »
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2014, 07:01:43 PM »
So far as it goes, can anyone say when the last time HTC adjusted a major strat or rule function of the game?  I'd like to see a list of the last 3 if anyone has that info.

The last major change was the strat mechanism one in August 2012.
During which the HQ was also tied to the City for downtimr determination, had been flat 45 minutes before.

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »
I couldn't agree more!

Here in Australia this is peak flying time. That said having 60 people logged on is a treat for me because usually the numbers are much lower at that time of the day/night. Last night we were having a blast fighting the nits over tank/fireball island then some retard from the rook side took out knight HQ then bragged on 200 that he did it and then bailed from his buffs. Clearly just doing it to piss people off and troll about it.

The problem with that apart from his aholeness and trolling being detrimental to the game is that the knights that were fighting then logged taking away the best fights of the night.

So I guess my point is that HTC needs to put something in place to stop it happening, someone mentioned something about downed HQ having no effect with less than 100 logged on. That would be a good start.

I won't name the rook that did it in this post as it would breach rule 4 so I'll name him in the next post  :cheers:

99Auger was the jerk that took out nit HQ then trolled about bailing his bombers after. I mostly fly rook but that idiot rook needs taking down a peg or two
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:06:36 PM by Tracers »
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 07:14:43 PM »
Lusche, thanks.  Do you recall, oh king of all things statistics, when the previous couple ones were?  That one was over 2 years ago now, I'd like to know exactly when the previous few were, along with what the changes entailed.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »
Lusche, thanks.  Do you recall, oh king of all things statistics, when the previous couple ones were? 

During my active time, no really big ones. Other than the complete revamp of that system in 12, there was just this change from central to dsipersed strats this year.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
then some retard from the rook side took out knight HQ then bragged on 200 that he did it and then bailed from his buffs. Clearly just doing it to piss people off and troll about it.

But it's a legitimate target and he's free to do so. HQs are there to be bombed and destroyed and you can't really blame a player for doing so.
That the current incarnation of this mechanism is flawed is a different matter.

Maybe it's time to drop the HQ's even more to send out a strong message...  ;)

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2014, 07:32:04 PM »
The very idea of taking out darbars by killing the HQ is a flawed concept that is a detriment to combat, no matter how many are on the roster.

+1
Your tears feed me 😃