Author Topic: May have reached the pinnacle of my bombing career  (Read 824 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
May have reached the pinnacle of my bombing career
« on: October 04, 2014, 06:42:22 PM »
Was up this morning doing a random bombing run, radar and ord, when I flew past a39 on the way home I spotted an enemy cv to the northwest and gave a shout on the country channel. When I landed a couple of sets of bombers were in the process of lifting and looking for the enemy task group. I up a set of B26s and head out looking for the task group. At the same time I see something had lifted from 41. Focusing on the enemy cv I spot them and level at 6.5k.

There they were, straight and pristine. I shout out the coordinates just in case I miss. But I don't miss and the cv is sunk! Let everyone know the cvs fate and turn towards A38 and home. Then I see a red dot coming into the 38 radar ring. Not far away either. Well I have front guns, this could be fun. I gain on the contact and it's a set of 17s. In fact I come up fast with my B26s. Get about 800 out and open up.

At first I'm firing off to the right but then all 3 sets of guns are hitting something. The center bomber goes down in flames and I really tag the next bomber to garner the red tag. Now I'm under them thinking I got two of them and jump into the tail gun. Well I didn't quite get two. The red tagged one had his tail shot off and the pilot was in that one shooting at me while his plane slowly climbs before the stall. I shoot point blank at the last intact bomber until he is on fire. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Land my 26s all intact and garner 40.96 perks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: May have reached the pinnacle of my bombing career
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 06:56:30 PM »
Lol, saw you do that in my 38G

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 06:57:30 PM »
afk bomber ?

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »
afk bomber ?
Oh no, he was shooting back

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:41:05 PM »
Nice! I love those bomber vs bomber gun duels. :rock

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 08:28:07 AM »
 :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 09:05:11 AM »
Huzzah!
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline dogtag380

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »
 :rofl
Good story!  I love the Bomber vs Bomber encounters.  :airplane:
AKTap
~Arabian Knights~
www.arabian-knights.org/

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »

Coming back from a porking run in an Ar234, I spot a set of Lancs below me, I dive down on a course to pass closely in front them, and fire my rear 20mm as I pass. did this 3 times downing one each time.  nasty Pm's followed  :)   a few sorties later, I come across the same situation, except now they are B17's. My poor jet got shredded on the first pass. barely made it home. Ugh, I HATE 17s !!!
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »
:rofl
Good story!  I love the Bomber vs Bomber encounters.  :airplane:

I do too. Had some success and at least one dismal failure. All good fun!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »
This story reminds me of a bomb run back in Aug. 

I was porking some bases in a box of TU-2s.  On my first run over a base I see several sets of bombers lifting as I dropped the first set of bombs.  After the second drop, I turn towards the direction the bombers were headed.  I follow the darbar across 3 sectors, and finally find the bombers.  I had been reporting them on country, and to my squaddies, so they were also on an intercept course. 

Since the TU's have front guns, I dive in on one set, and get me a kill.  I dive in on a second set, getting another kill.  I damage a 3rd enough to get the kill as I was landing. Their bomb run was basically a bust as they had to fight their way in and out, none survived.   

Oh the PM whines....
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »
You should see how surprised enemy bomber pilots can be when a B-29 turns in to engage them. I had one PM me "I ignored you at first because I never thougth someone would risk that many perks".
But in fact, I consider it to be one of the best high altitude bomber hunters, a true 'destroyer' so the perk risk is actually relatively small.

So far I'm at 45 bomber kills (to 6 deaths) in the Superfortess.  :banana: Unfortunately, due to the recent gampelay changes it's unlikely this number will increase substantially.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:46:02 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 05:31:23 PM »
Intercepted 2 formations of b24s with a B25H. Ooooohh boooy, I felt like the Emporer I  Starwars when he orders the death star to kill the rebel ships.
See Rule #4

Offline Gard06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 03:04:56 AM »
Ok, I too may have reached a pinnacle place in my bombing.   After a successful BISH HQ raid in my Lanc I upped a TU-2 to take her for a spin...   As I was climbing out I saw off my right wing a formation of Lancaster's going to my base.   I thought to myself, Hey lets kill them.    lol

You all know the feeling about sneaking up on the six of a bomber group.  Well, I had that feeling, and I was able to sneak within 400 yards of this lanc formation with my formation of tu-2's!!!!!!!    Ohhh,  the fireworks where amazing.   Right as he is about to drop I nailed the lead A/C with that amazing ball of fire we get to see, then I cut the throttle for the right side Lanc ( boooooooom) him went down...  lol  then the left side Lanc got it, but lived for 4 minutes.    I suffered a left side engine out of service so I ditched that A/C and had had a hard time laughing my way down to land with my other two.  Not enough ammo in that front gun HTC.  LMAO