Author Topic: To a Rook Me-109K-4 Pilot...  (Read 803 times)

Offline Fenin

• Zinc Member
      • Instant Rimshot sound effect, play it after every post I make
To a Rook Me-109K-4 Pilot...
« on: October 02, 2014, 09:08:01 PM »
From a Knit Ki-43 Pilot. 

Between the bases of A55, and A56, on the night of 10/2/2014, at about 8:40pm, Central Time.

Neither of us put a bullet in the other, but that fight was amazing.  I would have never expected a K-4 on the deck to be able to maneuver like you did against my Ki-43.   :rock

I honestly expected you to use all that spare horsepower and just walk away from me. 

Thanks for sticking around, I've never seen a K-4 move like that, I think I was very lucky to fly away.   :salute
hmu on Discord at Fenny - Feebulous#8008, or don't.  Idc

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: To a Rook Me-109K-4 Pilot...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »
From a Knit Ki-43 Pilot.  

Between the bases of A55, and A56, on the night of 10/2/2014, at about 8:40pm, Central Time.

Neither of us put a bullet in the other, but that fight was amazing.  I would have never expected a K-4 on the deck to be able to maneuver like you did against my Ki-43.   :rock

I honestly expected you to use all that spare horsepower and just walk away from me.  

Thanks for sticking around, I've never seen a K-4 move like that, I think I was very lucky to fly away.   :salute

Was your Ki43 green?

I think it was me, I remember that fight just as you described.

:salute
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:49:05 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:07 PM »
I wouldn't doubt if it were Anarchy. He the only noob dumb enough to fight a Ki43. :noid I keed I keed
Top Gun

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »
I wouldn't doubt if it were Anarchy. He the only noob dumb enough to fight a Ki43. :noid I keed I keed

:lol

Whatever. :)
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Fenin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 10:00:35 PM »
Sure was, believe I'm using the Thai skin, the one with the big red square flag with an elephant in it.   

Either way, good stuff.  I'm amazed that the Ki-43 managed to rope a K-4.  It sure does climb surprisingly well.  It really is sorta like a Tie Fighter.

Then again, if you had stalled at 70mph with full flaps I probably would have eaten a spud.
Though, I also have to admit I've installed a new Gunsight in all my aircraft.  The Mk. I Stickynote chunk.  So that I can aim well over my nose. 
It's... oddly effective.   :bolt:

And you barely even notice it on a 50 inch monitor.   :angel:

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 10:06:57 PM »
Sure was, believe I'm using the Thai skin, the one with the big red square flag with an elephant in it.  

Either way, good stuff.  I'm amazed that the Ki-43 managed to rope a K-4.  It sure does climb surprisingly well.  It really is sorta like a Tie Fighter.

Then again, if you had stalled at 70mph with full flaps I probably would have eaten a spud.
Though, I also have to admit I've installed a new Gunsight in all my aircraft.  The Mk. I Stickynote chunk.  So that I can aim well over my nose.  
It's... oddly effective.   :bolt:

And you barely even notice it on a 50 inch monitor.   :angel:

Was a fun fight, I didn't want too much E cause if I'm on the deck, and you come down on top you'd easily get on my six flying that thing, only thing I would have do after that is run, and that's something I didn't feel like doing so I just stuck around.

And you know stall fighting that thing with the speed I started off with is a no-no, so that was not an option. :noid

:salute
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Fenin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
Even with speed, you'd be surprised what a Ki-43 might catch.  Sure, my wings are crying, my tail is trying to come apart, and I can't pull more than maybe 3Gs, but at 380mph in a dive I can catch some folks really off guard.  Roll up and over, with my rudder sticking out like a dive break and my throttle closed.  It throws off speed like crazy.  Then I'm latched onto the guy who assumed the fast Ki-43 wouldn't be able to turn.

Of course, then I'M out of E, and it becomes Do or Die.  Though, she climbs so well that I can often get it back at low alt given just a minute or so of peace.  With WEP I'm hitting nearly 3,800ft(ish)/Min.  At least for a little bit.   

I wish I knew the time limit, and recharge time for the Ki-43s WEP, it helps it a lot at low level. 

Anyway,  :salute 
See ya' in the not so friendly skies.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 10:32:55 PM »
Even with speed, you'd be surprised what a Ki-43 might catch.  Sure, my wings are crying, my tail is trying to come apart, and I can't pull more than maybe 3Gs, but at 380mph in a dive I can catch some folks really off guard.  Roll up and over, with my rudder sticking out like a dive break and my throttle closed.  It throws off speed like crazy.  Then I'm latched onto the guy who assumed the fast Ki-43 wouldn't be able to turn.

Of course, then I'M out of E, and it becomes Do or Die.  Though, she climbs so well that I can often get it back at low alt given just a minute or so of peace.  With WEP I'm hitting nearly 3,800ft(ish)/Min.  At least for a little bit.   

I wish I knew the time limit, and recharge time for the Ki-43s WEP, it helps it a lot at low level. 

Anyway,  :salute 
See ya' in the not so friendly skies.

Yup, that's exactly why I didn't even think about E fighting you, those things are just sick when it comes to being able to eventually kill you if you try to rope it or whatnot. Though the way I did it still wasn't easy, or the best way to do it I still enjoyed it. :) :banana:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-