Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 3701 times)

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2014, 08:57:16 AM »
Platform options.

Upgraded graphics.

Fix Eny issues (see oh, I don't know how many ignored past player posts on topic)  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

More maps.

and lastly, I do not understand why HTC is one of the few games that does not allow you to pay for options.  Want a 20mm gun on an A20 for week?  $5.00

Want extra amour on your tiger for the day?

I do not see anything wrong in trying this out.  As long as the extras expire at some point.

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2014, 09:39:34 AM »
Reduce number of airfields and add a lot of easily capturable "fire bases", a map room and a few guns, in order to make players fight for terrain and not just bases. Also add more towns and cities and make them capturable so that the game become more dynamic and not just fighting over identical air bases. Now is the game very static and predictable. Cities should be very hard to capture.

Move radars from bases. Add radar stations that covers a certain sector and destroying them disables radar in that sector.
wheather - maybe not fog and overcast but atleast clouds that could be used in a tacital way by planes.

Ability to select fuel amount more specificly, and a flight planning tool. Primarly for bombers.
Remove .dt commands for enemy objects. This adds more fog of war.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2014, 10:07:23 AM »
and lastly, I do not understand why HTC is one of the few games that does not allow you to pay for options.  Want a 20mm gun on an A20 for week?  $5.00

I do not see anything wrong in trying this out.  As long as the extras expire at some point.

It's a good thing HTC is in charge and not you  :neener:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »
Platform options.

Upgraded graphics.

Fix Eny issues (see oh, I don't know how many ignored past player posts on topic)  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

More maps.

just imagine.  5 bucks for a 20 mm on an a20.  a pony that has 4 20mm cannons 5 bucks a week.  a goon with extra cammo that can only been seen from 1k another 5 bucks.  be able to carry "gold" rounds with extra explosive power and longer reach another 5 bucks....

or just pay 15 bucks a month.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2014, 10:03:44 AM »
just imagine.  5 bucks for a 20 mm on an a20.  a pony that has 4 20mm cannons 5 bucks a week.  a goon with extra cammo that can only been seen from 1k another 5 bucks.  be able to carry "gold" rounds with extra explosive power and longer reach another 5 bucks....

or just pay 15 bucks a month.

semp

OK OK  I see your point.  I think some of the guys were talking about how in world of tanks you start with a tractor unless you play for a real long time OR pay for an upgrade.   Do not want that.

But, how about 5 bucks sunglasses?  or your own skins.  My wife seems to shell out $20 or so every six month or so for skins or something stupid for one of our kid's minecraft  game.

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
OK OK  I see your point.  I think some of the guys were talking about how in world of tanks you start with a tractor unless you play for a real long time OR pay for an upgrade.   Do not want that.

But, how about 5 bucks sunglasses?  or your own skins.  My wife seems to shell out $20 or so every six month or so for skins or something stupid for one of our kid's minecraft  game.

Words 18 and 19 of your last sentence reveals that you think the micro-purchases for your son's game are nonsense.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »
Mircopurchases are nonsense in a so called game of skill.

You ever heard of a chess player paying cash money at the table for upgrades?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »

5 bucks to castle. ;)

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »
Words 18 and 19 of your last sentence reveals that you think the micro-purchases for your son's game are nonsense.

Yes I do. But guess what, my wife keeps shelling out.  (BTW the kid is a she and She is a great kid!! :))
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 11:37:04 AM »
5 bucks to castle. ;)

How much would it cost me to upgrade my pawns to bishops? 
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
If pursay, you were in charge of HTC... What would you do? Would you change anytning or keep it the way it is going as it has made it the last 14+ years?

Just a curious thread, not meant in any flaming manner what so ever.

:airplane:

Spit16. K4, La7 Factories.

I said this partly because of the total fun (and rage quitting) this would create.  But mostly because HiTech hates the idea so much... it's gotta be good.

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 05:26:54 PM »

Chess is, inherently, a level playing field before one takes the skill of the players into consideration....that is not the case here.  Have you heard of a chess game where one side could use pieces that were superior or had different characteristics from those used by the other player? "Skill" is only part of the equation in this or any air combat game when any player can fly whatever they wish whenever they wish.  So your analogy is somewhat suspect....
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2014, 05:40:21 PM »
Chess is, inherently, a level playing field before one takes the skill of the players into consideration....that is not the case here.  Have you heard of a chess game where one side could use pieces that were superior or had different characteristics from those used by the other player? "Skill" is only part of the equation in this or any air combat game when any player can fly whatever they wish whenever they wish.  So your analogy is somewhat suspect....

Um. Any (all) player(s) getting to fly whatever they wish whenever they wish is a level playing field. Where's the 'suspect' in the analogy?

Micro-purchases would not be a healthy or productive business model change for AH, given the player base, imo.

Minecraft teens apparently don't mind their parents shelling it out. This ain't Minecraft and the player base isn't primarily teens being subsidized by their parents.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:43:52 PM by Arlo »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2014, 06:23:45 PM »
Um. Any (all) player(s) getting to fly whatever they wish whenever they wish is a level playing field. Where's the 'suspect' in the analogy?

Micro-purchases would not be a healthy or productive business model change for AH, given the player base, imo.

Minecraft teens apparently don't mind their parents shelling it out. This ain't Minecraft and the player base isn't primarily teens being subsidized by their parents.

The problem is people are NOT flying anything or everything. They are sticking to one plane/gv/style of game play. There is no incentive.... or to look at it from the other side no deterrent to lead them into other avenues of game play.

I don't think adding micro-purchases is going to help any. Like the chess match it would hurt the "level playing field" of the game play.  Also as many have said right along Aces High is one of those niche games and what works in one type doesn't necessarily mean it would work here.

I'd love to see new maps, better graphics, ambient sounds to fill in the back ground, bridges and beach heads and maybe even trees that won't flip a tank  :D But all that really doesn't matter that much. Sure those are the things that bring in players, but it's not why players stay. Players stay because it's fun. If the game is boring and stale because the majority of the players only play one style your not going to keep the players.

AW had crappy graphics and the same map forever, but we had a great player base because it was fun. We did it all in that game, here you see the same thing over and over because the majority of the player base looks for only one thing..... the quickest, fastest, easiest way to grab bases to win the war.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
AW had crappy graphics and the same map forever, but we had a great player base because it was fun.  

Correction - it was fun because we had a great player base.

The irony of the matter seems to be, to me, that the former AW players in AH (the former WB and FA players, for that matter) now seem to want the game to make the game fun when it's just the 'football.'