Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »
we do, it's the orange channel. I'd love to see some kind of mandatory course so that everyone came into the game knowing how to get off the ground and land, something about an hour or two to cover the basics. But I know thats asking a lot out of today generation. I don't think y son has looked at an instruction manual/video for a game he has bought in years. They don't do it, they just dive right in.

You give them too much credit by saying "it's asking a lot".  Parenting / education standards have made most of the millenial generation lazy as well as stupid.

When I was in high school I'd have to answer test questions like this one.
-Explain Einstein's theory of relativity.

Today, that same class in the same school would have to rephrase that test question.
-Can you explain Einstein's theory of relativity?  (Circle one)
     A)  YES.
     B)  NO.

Ten Years from now that question will be changed to.
     Spel you name in BLOCK LETTERS

:salute
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:47:20 AM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »
edited for lack of positive content

If I was in command, I would dedicate ressources to make AH a competition-able game, because competition is what make online games last. Ask blizzard. And capcom.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:19:08 PM by SirNuke »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »
For the new enlistees, it would make sense to encourage the use of the training arena, website and tutorials before jumping into the MA.

Something like this pops up, when they log in and attempt to go straight to late war:

Thank you for joining Aces High, the most exciting virtual combat experience online!
A word of caution: there are many aspects to this game that take considerable time to learn.  This is the real deal. 
Plane and vehicle physics are modeled as realistically as possible and some long time players have many years of experience with them. 
Don't be discouraged though, you can bring yourself up to speed much quicker by learning the basics.
The Aces High website (link) has a wealth of valuable information, including training and video tutorials to help you on your way.
Good luck and good hunting <S>

Go To Aces High? (link)

Go right to the action? 

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »
edited for lack of positive content

If I was in command, I would dedicate ressources to make AH a competition-able game, because competition is what make online games last. Ask blizzard. And capcom.

With such lack of details you are surely management material.  :D

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »
AAAAARrrrrr, young people of today aren't as good as the young people of yesterday! GET ORF MY LAWN! Arrrrrrr.

Thank you Plato.
Retired

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2014, 10:01:31 PM »
I'd make Fugitive one of "todays generation" as payback for all those posts about them.   :devil
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »
In simplistic terms Fugi is taking about a paradigm shift.  :devil

That works great in a big company, where pay scales, promotions and other incentives can be doled out by the powers that be, and is implemented by the Corporate Leadership. That also sets up fiefdoms, and localized conflicts amongst workers, belittles old ideas and old regimes.

Hopefully when the new AH III comes out, that will "force" a paradigm shift as well. While I have only been playing for about 2 1/2 years, the changes I have seen (each one) have instigated Tactic and Strategic shifts in the game, some minor some significant. The mind set will change to fit the environment. The successes and failures of our efforts dictate the direction we will go.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »
With such lack of details you are surely management material.  :D

guess what I have been promoted recently and have one employee to manage now  :aok What I had in mind is easier matchmaking, and maybe a drift away from the sandbox style game we experience in the MA. I have seen so many elite stick leave the game just because they couldn't test their skill often enough...

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2014, 01:16:03 PM »
guess what I have been promoted recently and have one employee to manage now  :aok What I had in mind is easier matchmaking, and maybe a drift away from the sandbox style game we experience in the MA. I have seen so many elite stick leave the game just because they couldn't test their skill often enough...

So, you would add a dueling arena? How novel.  :D

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
So, you would add a dueling arena? How novel.  :D

No.  He would add a match making service (i.e. automated), not an "area" for 1v1 fighting.   In my opinion it would be an extention of the DA with some automated features to randomize match assignments based on specific variables selected, the key statistics, etc. But hey...it's just an idea....   

Speaking of which...how about either contributing one of your own or providing useful positive feedback for one suggested?   That would be so much better than your usual "Oh yeah...great idea.  :rolleyes: AH already has that.  The game is perfect.  HTC are geniuses and can do no wrong." routine. 

Thanks.  :rolleyes:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2014, 03:10:17 PM »
Yes I do. But guess what, my wife keeps shelling out.  (BTW the kid is a she and She is a great kid!! :))

now they are 2:1 , no more AH  :old:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2014, 05:05:07 PM »
No.  He would add a match making service (i.e. automated), not an "area" for 1v1 fighting.   In my opinion it would be an extention of the DA with some automated features to randomize match assignments based on specific variables selected, the key statistics, etc. But hey...it's just an idea....    

Speaking of which...how about either contributing one of your own or providing useful positive feedback for one suggested?   That would be so much better than your usual "Oh yeah...great idea.  :rolleyes: AH already has that.  The game is perfect.  HTC are geniuses and can do no wrong." routine.  

Thanks.  :rolleyes:

Mmmmmbecause challenging suggestions that really may not be an improvement whatsoever has no value?  :rolleyes: backatcha  :D

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2014, 08:22:29 PM »
Mmmmmbecause challenging suggestions that really may not be an improvement whatsoever has no value?  :rolleyes: backatcha  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

No....but challenging EVERY suggestion made has no value.  And maybe you haven't challenged EVERY suggestion...but it's pretty close.

Just sayin'.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2014, 08:29:07 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:30:26 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

That bloke in the pic is punching above his weight.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB