Author Topic: argentina and top gear  (Read 1385 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: argentina and top gear
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 11:56:55 PM »
You cannot polish turds

Sorry mythbusters proved this one as a myth. Turds can be polished.  :noid
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 03:33:30 AM »
Where ever he was, he was in South America with a stupid license plate. What did he expect would happen?

You might think they had learned their lesson after the whole redneck incident, stupid is as stupid does I guess.

The whole thing is on a par with the idiots who broadcast spoof names for the KAL crash crew.

Most people in the rest of South America could care less about the plates, but when a picture of the cars early in their trip (day 2) showed up on Twitter, and someone posted that it might be linked to the war, they removed them, miles away from any Argentina boarder. It had not been picked up until that point that a group of numbers on the license plate that had been registered in 2001, could line up with a war from 30 years ago, which involved one of the many countries they were driving through.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 03:59:04 AM »
I don't doubt the rest of South America couldn't care less about the war. I do believe Top Gear was trying it on, same as with the Man Love slogans in the American South.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 05:24:19 AM »
I don't doubt the rest of South America couldn't care less about the war. I do believe Top Gear was trying it on, same as with the Man Love slogans in the American South.

Number 1 - I saw that episode and its unclear to me exactly what happened and whether or not it was contrived. I suspect the latter - or at least exaggerated.

The car said "Man Love is Okay" (or something like that, IIRC) in big pink letters. That's pretty hilarious, imj. The Hillary Clinton for President sign was probably more inflammatory.

In any case, I guess I don't really care if he gets attacked or not. I like Clarkson and find this method of entertainment kind of hilarious. If he wracks up some kind of personal problem for it, I'd tell him he was being a good soldier, doing his job, taking one for the team.

We should have more of the same. Indeed, on "Almost Royal" "Georgie Carlton" (an actor) almost runs afoul of an inner city mofo who threaten him and calls him an a-hole. That's good stuff.  :D
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 06:09:12 AM »
Go on, someone fly over here and register a car with the plate I776LIB....or I776USA or something.

Please note:  You will probably not be pelted with stones and chased from the country by a mob of 2,000 war veterans....or if you are then you can rest assured the veterans will be actual veterans that we dug up for the occasion.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:19:12 AM by Swoop »

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 06:15:48 AM »
Number 1 - I saw that episode and its unclear to me exactly what happened and whether or not it was contrived. I suspect the latter - or at least exaggerated.

The car said "Man Love is Okay" (or something like that, IIRC) in big pink letters. That's pretty hilarious, imj. The Hillary Clinton for President sign was probably more inflammatory.

In any case, I guess I don't really care if he gets attacked or not. I like Clarkson and find this method of entertainment kind of hilarious. If he wracks up some kind of personal problem for it, I'd tell him he was being a good soldier, doing his job, taking one for the team.

We should have more of the same. Indeed, on "Almost Royal" "Georgie Carlton" (an actor) almost runs afoul of an inner city mofo who threaten him and calls him an a-hole. That's good stuff.  :D

NASCAR SUCKS was what really sent them over the edge according to either James or Richard.

If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »
Ah, yes... May's beater -which he stupidly bragged about ( having a functioning ac). It was May who wrote on Hammond's pickup: Man love rules ok... He should've gone further, something like man on man ace sects rule or something equally vile. Still, hilarious... I thought it was really funny when they put the sun block on Mary's face in the outline of a wiener with sac. That's a classic stunt.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.