Author Topic: Range vox mute  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Range vox mute
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 08:18:24 AM »
Gents be very careful and don't allow this to become "1 Hour" redux. That cost our community.

None of you are giving HiTech any reason to buy into your reasoning for wanting to effectively kill off country range. While stratifying the population of each country and outright stigmatizing the 2 weeker, sqweeker, and newbie. Aces High is not considered one of the most friendly games in the business. You are arguing for it to become less so than it already is.

What percentage of the playing community does the audience of these forums, then this POST represent? Consider the same question in retrospect for the "1 Hour" debacle. Then calculate over the past decade how many wishes are ignored every year and why.

But, by all means carry on, if this is in the best interests of the game community as a whole. I'm just seeing situational antipathy from a few against other paying customers as the reason for this request. That's not a good foundation to argue HiTech into changing his game. It certainly didn't work out well during the "1 Hour" debacle when the conversation changed to antipathy.

HiTech provided the reasoning when he provided a slider volume control for every sound produced in the game, including a volume control for voice. Why is it that the current sound volume controls doesn't currently stratify the population of each country and  stigmatize the 2 weeker, sqweeker and newbie? Any player can currently play aces high with all of the sound turned off or only turn off the voice by setting that slider zero, thus NO voice on VOX, Squad or range.

What many are asking for a the split of voice VOX and voice Range with each having their own volume slider to control the level of the sound, just as each player can now currently control the volume level of each and every sound produced in the game.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Petrol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2014, 05:37:14 PM »
What he --^^^ has said, along with many others.

I would like to hear my squad vox, over local range.
Sliders, buttons, temporary mutes or any other mechanism
to allow the coherent transmission from my squad.

If there is useful info pertaining to my country, I will
pass it on.  Then, once mute is disengaged, I will rejoin my
local countrymen in range babble. 

You could even change my icon colour to transparent whilst I am
blissfully voxed out.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »
Traveler,

Because very few will turn it off. Your reasoning is attempting to get around Mr. HiTech while attacking the messenger as his proxy.

He gave his answer years ago. Until he changes it, that's it. If he was interested, with the number of pages in this post, he would have said something by now.

If you remember the 1 Hour debacle where Skuzzy kicked a bunch of players out of the forum over side switching time because they would not let it go. Be very carful you and the OP are not helping this issue to sweep up players in their emotions to that same end. Because you and the OP want to argue for your personal desires until you can possibly draw someone at HTC to respond, if you just keep grousing with straw man logic. Usually by that point, you won't like the method of their answer, nor your faithful supporters.

That's what happened in the end over the "1 Hour" debacle. HTC's silence was taken advantage of as weakness and tacit approval. This has repeated itself in one version or another exactly this same way since the beginning of this forum.

I think HTC heard you awhile back.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:20 PM »
Traveler,

Because very few will turn it off. Your reasoning is attempting to get around Mr. HiTech while attacking the messenger as his proxy.

He gave his answer years ago. Until he changes it, that's it. If he was interested, with the number of pages in this post, he would have said something by now.

If you remember the 1 Hour debacle where Skuzzy kicked a bunch of players out of the forum over side switching time because they would not let it go. Be very carful you and the OP are not helping this issue to sweep up players in their emotions to that same end. Because you and the OP want to argue for your personal desires until you can possibly draw someone at HTC to respond, if you just keep grousing with straw man logic. Usually by that point, you won't like the method of their answer, nor your faithful supporters.

That's what happened in the end over the "1 Hour" debacle. HTC's silence was taken advantage of as weakness and tacit approval. This has repeated itself in one version or another exactly this same way since the beginning of this forum.

My only intention here is to take part in the discussion.  I only responded to what I think is an illogical assumption by some.  I have no idea what HiTech might or might not decide to do, I only offer that at present HiTech has chosen to give each and every player the ability to set the sound level for every sound produced by the game.   My request would be to ask HiTech to split the available voice provided by VOX, Squad and Range into three distinct controls so that each player could set the volume level, just as they are allowed to do now with every other sound in the game.  If this request or discussion of such a request should result in being banned from the boards, so be it.  I have obeyed all rules as I've read them and my only purpose is to discuss this idea.  I have no idea or knowledge of the "1 Hour debacle" that you keep referring to.   You keep stating that providing the ability for a player to set the volume on range would be harmful to new players.  I was only pointing out that every player already has that ability currently and I don't see the harm.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2014, 12:46:23 PM »
Traveler,

Yes.   He gave his position years ago.  Meanwhile, times have changed.

He is a pilot, right?

He has multiple radios in his plane, right?

He can understand the concept, right?

The idea that multiple vox volumes hurts the "community" is absurd.   The drunk ramblings and YEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWs are far worse.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:48:55 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)