Author Topic: popularity achievement  (Read 3373 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: popularity achievement
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:09:03 PM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 05:31:30 PM »
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol

#1 Popularity.
Being Canadian.......Huzzah!!!!
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 07:08:55 PM »
Just to be clear, the achievement is basically how often you get ganged (how many players it takes to kill you), not assists that you get with bb guns.

Planes that everyone drops what they're doing for, like: B-239, 110, Mossie, P-38, P-39 and P-40 will rack up this achievement with a decent pilot.

That's why I would really like it as part of the fighter score.  A high rank would require a high assists(against you)/death ratio, same as the other categories.  To do that, you would have to fly into harms way more often.  That would put the late war monster/vulcher types at a disadvantage in scoring, forcing them to mix it up to keep a high rank.  You wouldn't need to die more, but if it only regularly takes 1 plane to kill you, you probably don't deserve a high rank.

This request was already put in the wish list, to a very tepid response, but Shirley it can be an achievement.  :banana:

This is a great idea..promotes a little game in a video game. :aok

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol

#1 Popularity.
Being Canadian.......Huzzah!!!!
e

Beware Canadians with Jersey accents.  :lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 09:03:50 PM »
e

Beware Canadians with Jersey accents.  :lol

This innuendo is a outrage! I come from the southern part of Canada in the wilderness near Ontario!  :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 08:18:04 AM »
Just to be clear, the achievement is basically how often you get ganged (how many players it takes to kill you), not assists that you get with bb guns.

Planes that everyone drops what they're doing for, like: B-239, 110, Mossie, P-38, P-39 and P-40 will rack up this achievement with a decent pilot.

That's why I would really like it as part of the fighter score.  A high rank would require a high assists(against you)/death ratio, same as the other categories.  To do that, you would have to fly into harms way more often.  That would put the late war monster/vulcher types at a disadvantage in scoring, forcing them to mix it up to keep a high rank.  You wouldn't need to die more, but if it only regularly takes 1 plane to kill you, you probably don't deserve a high rank.

This request was already put in the wish list, to a very tepid response, but Shirley it can be an achievement.  :banana:

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 08:28:37 AM »

Agreed.

And don't call me Shirley.  ;)
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 08:49:40 AM »
The only problem I see with this is that anyone going for it has an incentive to die, since if he gets hit by five different players and lands then it does not count. If the game was able to tot up how many players hit you in a sortie irrespective of whether you lived or died, that would be better.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »
The only problem I see with this is that anyone going for it has an incentive to die, since if he gets hit by five different players and lands then it does not count. If the game was able to tot up how many players hit you in a sortie irrespective of whether you lived or died, that would be better.

Exactly, lived or died shouldnt matter much, time spent in a sea of red is what matters.  This being implemented in scores might change the habbits of those who actually pay attention.  If you ride in a plane of a guy that cares about score, it is typically boring.  A pilot of equal value flying without a care of score is usually a lot more fun, getting into a situation a score player normally wont, usually ending up in a ton of fun at lower speed and alt,  with a lot more ACM and turning. :cheers:

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2016, 08:48:13 AM »
This ought to be an easy achievement for me seeing as how (if I read this correctly) getting ganged seems to be a regular scenario for me. no matter what I am flying.  LMAO :airplane:

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 10:49:54 AM »
This ought to be an easy achievement for me seeing as how (if I read this correctly) getting ganged seems to be a regular scenario for me. no matter what I am flying.  LMAO :airplane:

You and me both.   I feel more popular every day.   :joystick:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."