Author Topic: PRODUCTION NUMBERS VS IMPACT ON THE WAR, DO THEY DESERVE TO BE IN GAME?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: PRODUCTION NUMBERS VS IMPACT ON THE WAR, DO THEY DESERVE TO BE IN GAME?
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 08:28:32 AM »
P47M is a beast...but not a perkable one IMO.  Fine plane and in the hands of an experienced cartoon pilot quite deadly but not a potential game changer when it shows up to a fight.
Something is wrong in the space time continuum when you and I agree on something...  Are the end times here?  :noid
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
Something is wrong in the space time continuum when you and I agree on something...  Are the end times here?  :noid

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 09:48:58 AM »
I have thought adding production numbers to a plane balance system would help.  Its a shame the OP choose all caps to bring up a good discussion.

It would be interesting to have a historical production numbers plane balance system but perking isn't it in my opinion.  Any player should have access to a 262 as an example but say you get only one 262 per tour.  Crash it, damage it, or get killed and it is gone.  Same thing on the P47M, 152 and so on.  You might get say 150 P51s and 200 P38ls per tour.  I made these numbers up as a WAG example only.

Missions might offer an exception by not counting against your personal hanger but still have a balance restriction like having only one P47M per mission.
The problem is that you made them up.  Your numbers aren't based on historical production, but on what you think should be available to the player.  Lets say you get 1 of a type per tour for every 250 built, but not less than 1, otherwise rounded to the nearest whole number.  Ok, a single Ta152, Ostwind, Wirbelwind, F4U-1C, but also a single Brewster, C.205, Spitfire F.Mk IX (system will actually allow more Mk XVI's than any other kind of Spitfire) and so on.  It gives six Me262s, four Spitfire Mk XIVs, three Fw190D-9s, two N1K2-Js. Twelve to fourteen Ki-84s and a whopping thirty-three P-51Ds.  As you can see, the numbers are all over the place and not related at all to the power of the unit.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
The problem is that you made them up.  Your numbers aren't based on historical production, but on what you think should be available to the player.  Lets say you get 1 of a type per tour for every 250 built, but not less than 1, otherwise rounded to the nearest whole number.  Ok, a single Ta152, Ostwind, Wirbelwind, F4U-1C, but also a single Brewster, C.205, Spitfire F.Mk IX (system will actually allow more Mk XVI's than any other kind of Spitfire) and so on.  It gives six Me262s, four Spitfire Mk XIVs, three Fw190D-9s, two N1K2-Js. Twelve to fourteen Ki-84s and a whopping thirty-three P-51Ds.  As you can see, the numbers are all over the place and not related at all to the power of the unit.

I've always found it interesting that so many people are absolutely zealous when it comes to historical numbers, yet oddly satisfied with the Axis/Allied combined arms exercises in the MA.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
You think it has something to do with changing sides at will to fly the uber ride of the matchup?

In 12 years I've seen that as a draw back to CT\AvA. Takes a different kind of perspective to knowingly choose the dog rides in each matchup. When Waystin last year was a CM in the AvA, I agreed to fly the dog ride side with him to have numbers. It was simply amazing how many lemmings chose the other side because they believed they would have a good night off my dog ride. Many did and got very angry when killed. You cannot play this game for 12 years and not learn a few things besides HOing with your tracers off.

The MA keeps paying customers happy by letting them have their illusion of uber ride whenever they want it ENY respective. While the most divisive rides are perked on purpose. Don't mess with it. We need paying customers with their illusion of uberness returning, because they can get their ride mostly when they want it. And get lucky with it more often than in none uber rides.

HiTech has never billed the MA as a WW2 arena. The closest thing would be a millionaires flying club in Texas with fully restored rides from WW2 to play air combat with using lasers like some of the pay to ride dogfight companies.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 02:57:32 PM »
The problem is that you made them up.  Your numbers aren't based on historical production, but on what you think should be available to the player.  Lets say you get 1 of a type per tour for every 250 built, but not less than 1, otherwise rounded to the nearest whole number.  Ok, a single Ta152, Ostwind, Wirbelwind, F4U-1C, but also a single Brewster, C.205, Spitfire F.Mk IX (system will actually allow more Mk XVI's than any other kind of Spitfire) and so on.  It gives six Me262s, four Spitfire Mk XIVs, three Fw190D-9s, two N1K2-Js. Twelve to fourteen Ki-84s and a whopping thirty-three P-51Ds.  As you can see, the numbers are all over the place and not related at all to the power of the unit.

Note, I made no claim to even being close to being right and it was merely an example to show a possible method of plane balance.  Do you not know what WAG means?

I said
I made these numbers up as a WAG example only.

I only suggested it be based on historical production numbers or I might add, some better data for the each war arena.  HTC has much more data than I do
If the numbers work out that you  have six 262's for the tour and 1 brew, then so be it.  Everyone would have the same hanger load-out.  Better players would keep them longer and worse players would not.

The end of the tour might be blast depending on what people has left in their hanger.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
If we were WT, why yes, WT already charges for better toys. People pay a flat fee for the MA and everything available with HiTech imposing perks on some rides. What you want will limit their choices which the current customer base of credit card owners didn't fork over their number to HTC for.

Please before you try to convince HiTech to suddenly devalue their $14.95. Convince all of the customers En blanc who's $14.95 keeps HTC in it's payroll and the lights on, that they should concede to your idea and self devalue their expectations of what they will get for their $14.95.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »
All i can say to these posts are ooh oohh ahh ahhh .... lol  :angel:
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
VISIT WWW.ALPINIISAWESOME.COM FOR MORE TIPS ABOUT USING THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON

:aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
Just put your fingers in your ears when you read his posts.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 09:41:50 PM »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »
Personally, I'd rather fight against these planes than running temps, 190Ds, and p51s, but that is just me.

The fact that you can get a LA7 to not run does excite me.

Just a question though, why would you expect a Tempest to fight? They don't have much going for them in a fight. Not saying they aren't any good in a fight but a lot of people can't even control K4 torque let alone the Tempest torque. If you see a tempest that should automatically signal in your head he won't fight. Same with a 262, running is their best defense. Unless you expect 262's to fight also, then you're just a ... idk and I recommend lowering your consumption in weed to a healthy gram and a half a day.  :D

I have found the people that fly 190D and P51D are the K/D sluts and they care about their K/D a ridiculous amount. They can have a .3 hit % and have a 15 K/D with a .19 K/S and 2 kills per hour and be completely okay with it. I am not sure where the fun in that is but its their 12.95 or 14.95.
Top Gun

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2014, 01:03:37 PM »
P-47M is a great AC, but only becomes a "beast" at 26K or better.  As we all know (with a few notable exceptions like zoney), most players come into the fight with much less altitude.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011