Author Topic: KI-43 info  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Flifast

• Copper Member
      • Claim Jumpers
KI-43 info
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »
Does anyone have a link to KI-43 performance, turn or vs. With other aircraft?

Flifast

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: KI-43 info
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 05:22:40 PM »
It's a target! ;)
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Flifast

• Copper Member
      • Claim Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:23:02 PM »
I don't know how you got the kill?  I ditched 20 miles away.  I could shake you...lol!

flifast
21:58:41 Departed from Field #19 in a Ki-43-II
22:51:10 Shot down a P-39D flown by 1EAGLE1.
22:53:02 Shot down a P-39D flown by ZaZa.
23:05:01 Shot down a P-39D flown by Delirium.
23:07:18 Shot down a P-39D flown by RTR1.
23:13:58 Was shot down by Drano and captured

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 06:20:27 AM »
I've seen Snailman like charts around here before that show all the climb, turn, turn with flaps, and so on performance of each aircraft in the game.  I think it showed both turn rate and radius IRRC.

I've only flown the Ki43 the last couple of months, maybe a few hours total time.  I love the thing, surprised by how well you can do in it.  The guns obviously take careful aim and attention, but work better than I thought they would.  I've run into all manner of different fighters, except the Brewster in a 1v1 so far, that's what I'm looking forward to, to see how they match up.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:36:38 AM »
I've run into all manner of different fighters, except the Brewster in a 1v1 so far, that's what I'm looking forward to, to see how they match up.
In a 1v1 the Ki-43 has a substantial advantage over the Brewster.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 07:37:59 AM »
I could shake you...lol!

That's what those turny little buggers do! I pinged up I dunno how many in that cluster at A11 the other night. Somebody called a low Oscar at the field and everybody pretty much went in on the place. Then there was 3. Then a bunch more. I was late to the show coming from the South after whacking the Bettys. Stayed high which was a good thing as a large group of more Oscars and Tonys showed about then. I just stayed fast and sprayed what I could. Funny how I got a kill there too. Sometimes this game has me SMH on stuff like that. I could be alone with somebody and take his wing off and get an assist. <shrug>

Oh and what is this info you have here? Could it be THE LOGS? Aren't they supposed to be, like, uh,---delayed? :noid

hehe  Too soon? :D
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
In a 1v1 the Ki-43 has a substantial advantage over the Brewster.

Would not say substantial, a Brew low on fuel can give a Ki-43 a match in turning abillity and as long as the Speed is a little higher the brew handles much better, Ki suffers a lot in roll rate when speed goes up. Only when you are really really slow have the Ki the upper hand. A Brew with 75-100% fuel on the other hand is another story.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 03:06:06 PM »
I don't know how you got the kill?  I ditched 20 miles away.  I could shake you...lol!

flifast
21:58:41 Departed from Field #19 in a Ki-43-II
22:51:10 Shot down a P-39D flown by 1EAGLE1.
22:53:02 Shot down a P-39D flown by ZaZa.
23:05:01 Shot down a P-39D flown by Delirium.
23:07:18 Shot down a P-39D flown by RTR1.
23:13:58 Was shot down by Drano and captured

I could ask the same of you. I ditched very close to the friendly airfield.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »
Would not say substantial, a Brew low on fuel can give a Ki-43 a match in turning abillity and as long as the Speed is a little higher the brew handles much better, Ki suffers a lot in roll rate when speed goes up. Only when you are really really slow have the Ki the upper hand. A Brew with 75-100% fuel on the other hand is another story.
I'd have to see it to believe it.  The A6M2 handily out turned the Brewster in the tests I've done and the Ki-43-II out turns the A6M2.

So far as I know the Brewster is the 4th best turning aircraft, behind the Ki-43-II, A6M2 and A6M3.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 05:03:09 PM »
Was it you who did all that work and made those nice charts with turn rate/radius with/without flaps Karnak?  If so you should post them again, they were fantastic.

So, the Ki is the best turning plane in the game then by the sounds of what you're saying.  No wonder I'm liking it so much, I really am enjoying flying it right now.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »
Was it you who did all that work and made those nice charts with turn rate/radius with/without flaps Karnak?  If so you should post them again, they were fantastic.
No, that wasn't me.  I'd like to see them remade as well, but I not sure how to do them.

So, the Ki is the best turning plane in the game then by the sounds of what you're saying.  No wonder I'm liking it so much, I really am enjoying flying it right now.
Yup.  Even better, it is a great turner with fowler flaps like the P-38 and Ki-84.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »
Was it you who did all that work and made those nice charts with turn rate/radius with/without flaps Karnak?

That was MosQ

You can download the last version here

The "bootstrap" document in the same folder explains how to test planes yourself for radius and turn rate.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »
Ditches are recorded as kills in FSO.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 09:32:09 PM »
I got bored with the normal planeset and started only flying the ki. I loveIit and never found an airplane to be it's equal in a fight under 250. Can't say enough about how good it is. People complain about the ammo count and small guns. Valid points if you have not realized that the 43 allows you to get extremely close to other airplanes allowing you to precisely target the cockpit or wing roots. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum