Author Topic: Mad Max Reboot  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Mad Max Reboot
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2016, 02:05:29 PM »
Since you enjoy the ridiculousness of 'Scorpion', and being a car guy, I think you'll enjoy the movie for the cars and stunts.  That's what makes the movie.

Tom Hardy's good in it.  Charlize Theron was a waste - I felt she didn't bring anything special to it.

But those cars, and the stunts...and explosions.  Total mindless overkill. :)

I would think I would like it, but then again, I did not care for the original Mad Max movies.

Scorpion is a different level.  I put it right in there with classic 'B' movies you have to laugh at due to it being so over-the-top.  I mean it is truly ludicrous, which makes it so funny.  Movies/television which does not take itself seriously is almost always entertaining to me.

Yes, I have a superficial take on all visual entertainment and I like it like that.

Like I said, I have not seen this movie.  I remember seeing the trailers and deciding I would wait on it.  I'll catch it on Netflix or Hulu whenever it gets there.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2016, 05:12:24 PM »
 First I dont go to theaters anymore,but I have seen the movie twice!

Once in 2d and the second time in 3d blueray,while the 3d effects were pretty good the movie was just ok. It seemed predicable and never had me on the edge of my seat wondering "whats next".

When I heard it won all those oscars I was surprised but then not really because there been few good movies made lately.

Maybe I should just keep watching TCM,Gilda and a couple other movies I've seen countless time and never tire of seeing them.

AS cheesy as the original Max movie was,I'd rather watch that than the latest installment!

:salute

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2016, 09:37:46 PM »
Yes, I have a superficial take on all visual entertainment and I like it like that.

You don't want to get emotionally invested? I can get that. I probably get too emotionally involved in fictional stories. Some movies have wrecked me for days if not weeks.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2016, 01:21:46 AM »
I got emotionally involved in the non war bits in Pearl Harbour and Red Tails.

I get emotional when I see a Brewster in AH.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 02:24:39 AM »
No I don't. I saw it once in the theater. Good movie, but not much replay value. I do however have a copy of Blue Is The Warmest Color (La vie d'Adele). A three hour long French gay romance movie. It's fantastic. Can't recommend it enough. Never seen acting that good before, or since. Nor passion and love portrayed so raw and real. It's on Netflix if you want to check it out.

You should have said 'a three hour long French lesbian movie and at least 1/2 of the bbs users would have already watched it multiple times by now.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 05:49:47 AM »
You don't want to get emotionally invested? I can get that. I probably get too emotionally involved in fictional stories. Some movies have wrecked me for days if not weeks.

Good gosh no.  I go to movies for a mental distraction (i.e. to suspend reality, to unplug, mindless entertainment).  Real life offers enough drama and mental exhaustion for me.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »
Copy that.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2016, 12:29:04 PM »
You should have said 'a three hour long French lesbian movie and at least 1/2 of the bbs users would have already watched it multiple times by now.

:rofl Yeah I suppose so. To be honest it was the controversy surrounding the love scenes that made me pick it up. However as I watched the movie it soon became evident that the love scenes are in fact the worst parts of this movie... and they are very good indeed.

Here's a trailer and a good spoiler free review. If you think this film is something you'd like to experience then pick it up. Watch it alone in the dark or with your spouse/lover. Whatever you do don't watch it with your parents, or friends you don't want to cry in front of. Skuzzy, avoid at all cost!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2016, 03:46:34 PM »
Being a fan of Mad Max and The Road Warrior, I more or less liked the movie, but it didn't live up to the drooling reviews.   The whole thing was just way over the top and too much like the weirdness of Beyond Thunderdome.

Cars with humungous tires flying along at ridiculous speeds - even outrunning Max's interceptor IIRC.   Dumb.
And the mutant guitarist seems like something out of a Spinal Tap video.  Except that would have been intentionally funny if they did it.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2016, 04:13:10 PM »
:rofl Yeah I suppose so. To be honest it was the controversy surrounding the love scenes that made me pick it up. However as I watched the movie it soon became evident that the love scenes are in fact the worst parts of this movie... and they are very good indeed.

Here's a trailer and a good spoiler free review. If you think this film is something you'd like to experience then pick it up. Watch it alone in the dark or with your spouse/lover. Whatever you do don't watch it with your parents, or friends you don't want to cry in front of. Skuzzy, avoid at all cost!

Thanks for the heads up, but not needed.  Already heard about it and am not interested.  Looks like a snooze fest.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2016, 06:31:51 PM »
Good gosh no.  I go to movies for a mental distraction (i.e. to suspend reality, to unplug, mindless entertainment).  Real life offers enough drama and mental exhaustion for me.

Pfffft! You own a:

Life's good, eh?  :D :D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2016, 05:22:16 AM »
And one day I will be driving it.  However, I decided to fabricate a custom IRS for it using the pumpkin from a late model Ford Explorer.  Just got the thing tack welded into place for a test fit.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2016, 07:14:28 AM »
What will the carbon foot print be on said vehicle ?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2016, 08:31:33 AM »
What will the carbon foot print be on said vehicle ?

:rofl ROFLMBO!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »
Still like the first one best. It was filmed all around my home town of Melbourne. Quite a few scenes filmed only a few miles from my old house.