Author Topic: ACES HIGH DC Player Meet 201?  (Read 9097 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: ACES HIGH DC Player Meet 201?
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2015, 01:47:54 AM »
Seems like careful coordination is necessary here.

Someone should but together an outline that includes everyone for the gathering.

Then we can talk about that.
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »
I live right by NAS Pax River, it would be like a 2 hr drive for me....whats the final schedule?
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2015, 11:33:44 AM »
Okay...

We have had two options presented.

1) Meeting for breakfast and a get together at the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum.

2) Get together for the flyover.

The guys that presented the flyover need to present some additional planning. i.e.

Where we are going to meet?
What are we going to do as a group?
When are we going to need to be where we need to be?

Throwing out a suggestion and not planning for the overall get together is not cool.

Come on an help plan based on your suggestions.
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2015, 04:05:31 PM »
Okay...

We have had two options presented.

1) Meeting for breakfast and a get together at the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum.

2) Get together for the flyover.

The guys that presented the flyover need to present some additional planning. i.e.

Where we are going to meet?
What are we going to do as a group?
When are we going to need to be where we need to be?

Throwing out a suggestion and not planning for the overall get together is not cool.

Come on an help plan based on your suggestions.

I was the one who called attention to the fly over.  While I disagree with your assessment that the mentiona of it is "not cool", why spend time planing for something there is limited or no interest in.  Thanks for your thoughts though. 

As far as the fly over goes, it appears that being a Friday, many couldn't make it, so I would say it's off the table as the best "meet up" plan. 

If enough disagree, I would be glad to spend time working out some details. 

Personally though, I am planning on being in Culpeper for the lift off of the fighters, then to Manassas to watch the bombers land (at least as many as I can)

Signed (the not cool) AkMeathd
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
I am in for the Culpeper take-off and the bomber recovery at Manassas.

I will be in the area all weekend, so I am not opposed to meeting more people on Saturday at Udvar Hazy.

Spoke with my dad, he says he's about an hour from Culpeper down 340 or 522, I would be willing to meet anyone for breakfast in Culpeper than stake out a spot at the airport or go inside as close as we can get if the option is available. Last time I checked there was no definite plane for a viewing area from airport officials.

Then scoot up to Manassas and try to catch the heavies recover if they do. Can you confirm that all of them are recovering there too Scca?

From what I understand the museum is having a gala dinner that evening so getting to the museum on Friday might be difficult after the flyover that day. Saturday would probably be better for the group.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2015, 04:59:04 PM »
I'll contact the airports to find out what I can. I expect they would need to land and refuel at least given the flyover starts at about noon. And depending on the rules, I would think they will have a minimum fuel load for the flyover.

The Culpepper link said "a viewing area will be set up". Manassas hasn't said anything that I can find.  Regardless, there are many public roads and parking lots to view from in the area.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »
The Culpepper link said "a viewing area will be set up". Manassas hasn't said anything that I can find.  Regardless, there are many public roads and parking lots to view from in the area.

That's what I read, Id be interested in getting as close as possible even if that means paying.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2015, 04:28:59 PM »
I live less than an hour from most of this. I'll participate in anything scheduled, just let me know!
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2015, 06:58:15 PM »
Okay...

So time has expired on the Doolittle Raid idea. It's just over a month away. We need a minimum of two months for folks to prepare for whatever is set. If folks are not incline to meet for the flyover then we need more ideas for an occasion to meet on.

The floor is open for your suggestions.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2015, 06:09:08 PM »
so whats the scoop? going or not going? id like to go if people are going down. is there a date or a agenda? meet at this hotel, get drunk and tell AH stories, go to museum next day? it all works for me!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2015, 06:19:08 PM »
The first post said April 18th, but as i suspected I have to work :(

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2015, 09:50:38 PM »
id like to take that weekend off and come down, but I don't want to be the only one. is anyone going or is this a wash?!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2015, 11:40:23 AM »
I have a call in to the Culpeper airport,  waiting to hear back from them regarding accomodations. Thats where ill be,  although i am not opposed to meeting anywhere else that weekend

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »
I spoke with the DOO at Culpeper Airport, they will be letting people into the parking lot and was kind of sketchy on and not really helpful on plans to let people into it. She directed me to the Flyover directly and I have emailed them, and will follow up with a call.

I plan on attending this. I will be attending with several of my family members. If you would like to join us we will get breakfast at the Panera Bread in Culpeper at 9-10AM or so.

I have also noticed Aircraft Rides being scheduled at Manassas and Culpeper, I am probably going to purchase a ride on Aluminum Overcast on Friday or Saturday.

If you are interested in that, would love to ride with ya, PM me and we can schedule a ride together!

I will also attend any gathering at Dulles on Saturday, from 10AM to 200PM as they will have several of the flyover aircraft there parked.

If you are going to this, time to plan it out. <S>

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2015, 07:56:33 AM »
whats the dates guys, ill come down if a bunch of people are meeting...