Author Topic: friendly icons  (Read 812 times)

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
friendly icons
« on: October 19, 2014, 03:38:15 PM »
 How about switching icons to show everyone as "enemy" instead of the current set up of everyone knowing who is who.
This will cut down on team work and make for a better KOTH in my opinion

-flame suit on -

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
Re: friendly icons
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 04:58:16 PM »
HTC would have to modify the game to add such a feature.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:34:42 AM »
Cobia your implying that teamwork is a regular occurance and plaguing the event?    I haven't witnessed any such thing in the last 7 years and no suspicious activity in the ones I have hosted recently, unless you count the odd shade that is obviously not a new player.  I haven't seen you in there either.  

I think having icons on helps identify the wabbit and dogpiling them is to be encouraged.  Also you need to be able to see who is who when the 30 second extension rules applies and as Krup says it isn't possible unless you re-program the icon rules to have an un-limited number of teams.   I had the same issue when I tried to run a squadron based un-limited life KOTH style event.   3 is the max unfortunately.

If you win any KOTH you should have to earn it and more often than not the best man on the day wins.     :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »
It's not 1v1 and it's not the MA. KOTH takes some getting used to and you do have to fly a different way in order to be successful.

A lot of guys(not saying Cobia is) talk a lot of crap about KOTH rules because they get :ahand to them every time they fly in a KOTH.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"