Author Topic: What have we become...?  (Read 587 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
What have we become...?
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:11:02 PM »
An eleven year kid shoots an albino deer here in Howell, MI.  People are losing their minds over this ordeal.  Calling his parents terrible people and have done a poor job of raising this kid.  It is a genetic defect in nature and 90% of these deer don't make it 1 year in their life simply because coyotes kill them off.  In my opinion it is a very rare deer and i would have personally took this shot as well.

Edit: There was a comment on Facebook saying someone wanted to kill this child for shooting this animal.

Where does society get off ridiculing this 11 year for shooting this deer?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/21/boy-hunter-bags-rare-albino-deer/17652845/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:14:38 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: What have we become...?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:18:56 PM »
An eleven year kid shoots an albino deer here in Howell, MI.  People are losing their minds over this ordeal.  Calling his parents terrible people and have done a poor job of raising this kid.  It is a genetic defect in nature and 90% of these deer don't make it 1 year in their life simply because coyotes kill them off.  In my opinion it is a very rare deer and i would have personally took this shot as well.

Edit: There was a comment on Facebook saying someone wanted to kill this child for shooting this animal.

Where does society get off ridiculing this 11 year for shooting this deer?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/21/boy-hunter-bags-rare-albino-deer/17652845/

The same one that calls a 16-year old male having an eight month consensual fling with his smokin' hot 24-year old gym teacher a "victim" when the same kid would be tried as an adult had he killed her there.  

I obviously went to the wrong high school at 16...

As for the deer shooting, we are just turning into a squeamish, leftist, bunch of nanny state wimps.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:24:22 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:21:25 PM »
Good for him. I would have taken that shot as well. How many people in the WORLD can say they have shot and killed a RARE albino buck. That's one heck of a story, and now he has proof. Good on em. :rock

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
An albino deer (didnt know that existed) AND a crossbow  :cool: As a hunter, how can you ever top that out? Nailing a unicorn?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:24:04 PM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:50:39 PM »
About 15-years ago in California, near San Diego and mountain lion killed a mother of two or three. State Wildlife trappers caught and killed the lion, at which time they discovered that it too had some cubs.

The outpouring of sympathy.

Banks accounts were set up for donations. One for the children of the mother killed by the lion. The other, for the cubs of the dead lion. Guess who received more donations?

If memory serves me the lion cubs had tens of thousands of dollars donated. The children, a few thousands with many comments along the lines 'she shouldn't have been jogging in the wild.'

I have comments about the category of Americans that view world with these values, but Skuzzy would drop the ban hammer, so I won't. My guess, the idiots in California go to the same coffee shops as the idiots in Michigan.

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 11:22:11 PM »
Killing that deer would have gotten him and the father jail time had he not been in a CWD-MZ area of Wisconsin.

Nothing wrong with taking that deer though, it's legal in Michigan so it's really not much of an issue.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 02:26:56 AM »
I'd like to take a couple dozen of those commentors from USAtoday hiking in the woods in Idaho   :devil

Like to see the look on their face as wolves and 'yotes start the nite up at sundown.

Good thing those cultural imperialists don't know what an Opah is (yet  :uhoh.)

I better go and catch/hunt some rare stuff.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 02:28:22 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:10:27 AM by Skuzzy »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline HPriller

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 06:57:07 AM »
This kid killed a rare spawn.  He should have gotten a cool drop reward amirite?  Perhaps a sporting goods or hunting magazine sponsorship.

All I can say is I'm jealous.  Good shot kid, good shot.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 07:45:06 AM »
An albino deer (didnt know that existed) AND a crossbow  :cool: As a hunter, how can you ever top that out? Nailing a unicorn?

I've found taking northern spotted owls with a pellet gun to be challenging.

- oldman

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 07:52:41 AM »
I only expend ammo on rare breeds, if I can kill a Bustard or a Red Kite, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I find the most enjoyable pastime is blasting something regal into oblivion, like a Golden Eagle. I make a determined effort to only catch fish that are rare and inedible. Then I cave their skulls in and leave them to rot in the sun.

Edifying  :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 08:21:03 AM »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:10:44 AM by Skuzzy »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.